Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

Im new to this forum, so be gentle....

I have recently picked up a set of Startech 20" for my 2005 Chrysler 3OOC CRD. At present the car is running the standard 18" rims and tyre setup. The Startechs came with 245/40/20 for the front and 275/35/20 for the rear (these need to be replaced).

A few questions:

Should I replace the rears like for like or have the same tyre size all round?
Considering I want to maintain something similar to the current ride quality, what are your thoughts?
Also will the standard wheels nuts fit the Startech 20"?

Many thanks.

·
Administrator
19,734 Posts
You can go with either size. I run a 245/45x20 front 275/40/x20 rear set up. They are very close to being the same height so no worries. I like having a bit more width on the rear. The larger the aspect ratio number (35/40/45/50) the taller the sidewall is so ride quality improves a bit the higher the number.

I have no experience with the Startech wheels or 300C lugnuts pairing so I have no info for you there. Some of your UK neighbors will know and they should chime in soon.

·
Premium Member
742 Posts
Give me a ring and let me know what part of London you are in as I have a man that will do you a great deal on a set of tyres . I got some about 6 weeks ago and am very very happy with them , PAT 07811 367233

Reactions: Dal_420

·
Premium Member
742 Posts
Pat, you must have a special discount as you need a set of rears every 6wks from what I see lol :wink1:
I got great 275's for £65 and the are very good and look great ask anybody that was at the show on Sunday . PAT

Reactions: [email protected]

·
Registered
455 Posts
I got great 275's for £65 and the are very good and look great ask anybody that was at the show on Sunday . PAT
I'm after a full set of tyres so I might be in touch. Would your mate send the tyres by post/courier?

·
Registered
249 Posts
Great choice in the startech wheels!!! I wanted them in the states but way too much coin. They are classy and sophisticated, providing the right amount of muscle. I personally would not stager the tires as you loose the ability to rotate them to get the most out of the tread life. If this were a challenger then I would most definitely go with the staggered look as that is a pure muscle car!

·
Premium Member
742 Posts
Reactions: agent gibbs

·
Registered
455 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks all.

Tyre situation is now more clear.....however Im still puzzled regarding the wheel bolts. After further research, it appears that the standard bolts are too long for the Startechs. I can't seem to find a set on the internet either. As a last resort I could try and find a bolt manufacturer, however does anyone know what the bolt specification is for the Startech wheels? Or know of anyone selling a set?

Thanks in advance.

Dal.

·
Premium Member
4,956 Posts
Thanks all.

Tyre situation is now more clear.....however Im still puzzled regarding the wheel bolts. After further research, it appears that the standard bolts are too long for the Startechs. I can't seem to find a set on the internet either. As a last resort I could try and find a bolt manufacturer, however does anyone know what the bolt specification is for the Startech wheels? Or know of anyone selling a set?

Thanks in advance.

Dal.
Hi Dal, say order a single nut to start with, they are around 40mm. Offer the single nut & tighten up and see if its flat enough with the face of the wheel. If happy, then you may want to order a bunch, its showing up as 10 available but I'm sure the seller could get more. Did the wheels not come with locking nuts?

1 * M14 x 1.5 19mm ALLOY WHEEL NUT TAPERED SEAT DODGE 05 CHRYSLER 300C CROSSFIRE | eBay

·
Premium Member
742 Posts
Lots of people keep asking me for the number for my mate that does the cheap tyres . I don't want to spend all night PM people so can one of the moderators please tell me the rules about posting his company name and number up ? I get nothing out of this ! Just want to see people get a good deal . PAT

·
Premium Member
742 Posts
lots of people keep asking me for the number for my mate that does the cheap tyres . I don't want to spend all night pm people so can one of the moderators please tell me the rules about posting his company name and number up ? I get nothing out of this ! Just want to see people get a good deal . Pat
anybody ??????

·
Premium Member
13,325 Posts
anybody ??????

ok Pat, here you go.....basically the rules say you can tell us he does a great deal, but you cant tell us to mention to him that 'Pat sent us'

3. Members MAY discuss products offered by a Non-Supporting Vendor as a general info post only. If, in our judgment, it appears as though you are advertising on behalf of a N/S vendor, your post/thread may be edited or deleted and subject to warning/infraction:
a) A member MAY post "I found a great deal/product/service/price from Acme Auto" including details -That is sharing general info based on your personal experience
b) That member may NOT add to the post"Acme Auto said forum members get a special deal" -OR- "call Joe at 123-4567 or check out his website and say I sent you" -That is promoting/advertising on behalf of the N/S vendor and/or the N/S vendor using you to promote/advertise on their behalf

·
Premium Member
742 Posts
OK . Lets see if this is OK sorry if not . Anybody that liked the great £60 isn tyres That you saw on my car at the weekend or what is left of them on Facebook :) PLEASE don't PM ! Not being rude its just I very very slow on the computer ! Please feel free to ring me about them or having then sent to your house . My phone is 07811 367233 . O and for then that not to clever my name is PAT

Reactions: ianf

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks everyone for your help everyone!!!

The 14 x 1.5 Turner Wheels nuts worked a treat......thanks Petman.

My Startech centre caps are knackered, so instead have used transformer caps.....which do the job nicely......

Dal.

Attachments

·
Registered
34 Posts
I am also looking for a set of 4 new tyres. Just off the phone with Pat. Top block who has hopefully pointed me in the right direction.
Sent him a text and he called me back within 5 minutes. Had a good chin wag. Much apporeciated. Will let you know how I get on.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts