Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

21 - 40 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
god damnit
first the stealth bulbs, then the clear side markers, then the carbon fiber dashkit, now this!? i dont have a money tree in my backyard man... ill pretend that teaser isn't there, and expect me to buy everything u sell very soon >_>

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
aceofblitz said:
god damnit
first the stealth bulbs, then the clear side markers, then the carbon fiber dashkit, now this!? i dont have a money tree in my backyard man... ill pretend that teaser isn't there, and expect me to buy everything u sell very soon >_>
LOL!!! Very sorry. :pat:

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
I took some additional images of our pedals today which I wanted to post. Many customers mention that previous pedals they've purchased have had the little plastic nubs/grips fall off over time. Since our pedals are engineered to overcome this, I thought it would be best to post images so all of you customers be rest assured. :)

Actually, I think the pedals look kinda cool without the black rubber grips. ;)

·
Registered
562 Posts
Pretty easy install (easier if you don't have 'lil smokies for fingers like me!).

One important tip; make sure you get the emergency brake peddle exactly centered. The pre-drilled holes in the peddle cover we're installing leaves VERY little room (left to right) to miss the center of the peddle. One screw broke off the edge of the peddle and I needed to slightly reposition to make it work. Just take a bit of care and you'll be fine.

Ok- two tips more: Use the smallest drill you have to best fit under the dash board when installing. And make sure you can fully press down on the accelerator when that peddle pad is installed (clamp in on and drop the peddle down to make sure you have clearance).

Sharp looking peddles!!!

Scott

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Hemi6.1 said:
Just ordered them. Thats a good advertisement.. so easy even I could do it!
Thanks for your business and for the compliments :)

If you have any questions during the install feel free to give us a call. 888-9-STEALTH

-Aaron

·
Registered
141 Posts
Hey any pics of the dead pedal? Also are we sure their is nothing behind it? All other pedals installed in like 15 min. Love them they look great.

·
Registered
2,407 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Hey hey good to know. I would hate to ruin something. So many damn wires every were

·
Registered
2,407 Posts
Hey hey good to know. I would hate to ruin something. So many damn wires every were
Ain't that the truth. :pat:

But, nope, as I said, drill away. :fing02:

·
Registered
127 Posts
My set arrived this morning, done and dusted by mid arvo!!....
One odd thing tho , my 'dead pedal' is way too high and wide!! Only one screw will find solidness!! the other 3 are airborne. In my photo, I appear to have a different patterned dead pedal than those of the American ones pictured on Stealths fitting instruction thread. Are they the same, ?I think not, as there ius no way the Stealth one will fit on.
I've posted a pic, not too clear sorry, but an idea as to what they look like in a right hand drive SRT8.

Attachments

·
Registered
191 Posts
Are the 300C pedals available in just the basic set without the footrest cover. I see the full set for the 300C and the SRT8 but only an unengraved set available with just the basic three pedals.

-Neuro

·
Registered
26 Posts
Hello again!~!~!~!

First of all, I want to thank all of you recent board members for your business! We love working with members of this board and enjoy bringing cool new products to the table. :)

We have received numerous orders since our pedals launched along with requests for pedal install guides so we figured shoot, why not make everyone a guide with images... And that (or fate) is what brings me here tonight. ;)

The images are of a friend and fellow board member's SRT8. Josh (IGOTTASRT8) is a great guy and an awesome businessman. His advertising agency is top-notch. Contact me for any marketing needs and I'll hook you up with him. :fing02:

For the install, the tools needed are as follows:
1) Drill
2) Allen wrench (I unfortunately couldn't see the size)
3) Phillips screwdriver
4) Clamps

To begin, here are some images of the stock pedals on a SRT8...

1. As far as the install goes, we first removed the plastic pedal covers which come stock on all cars.

2. Clamp the pedals down and mark holes for drilling. Make sure to leave room for the nuts behind the pedals.

3. Remove the pedals and drill your holes as needed. Make sure they're wide enough for the screws. Also, keep in mind the accelerator pedal uses a screw on the bottom only and the parking brake uses 2 screws. For the brake pedal, you may need to turn the vehicle on and press on the brake to get the right angle, depending on your drill. You may want to keep the pedals clamped in so the drill bit doesn't walk away from you

4. Install the supplied screws. 2 phillips screws for the parking brake and one for the bottom of the accelerator pedal. For the rest, use the allen wrench screws.

And the finished product... As sexy as can be... :headbang:

Here's a teaser pic..
;)
I just installed mine with a key difference: instead of attaching the Stealth pad directly onto the bare brake pedal, I attached the Stealth pad onto the brake rubber pad, and then re-attached the rubber back onto the brake pedal.

IMO the problems with attaching the metal pad directly to the bare brake pedal are:

(1) the Stealth pad is convex, while the brake pedal is concave. This leaves a void behind the Stealth pad that pushes the rubber bumps inside the pedal --i.e. loss of grip.

(2) the brake pedal steel is tough to drill through!

Placing the rubber pad back onto the brake pedal with the Stealth pad screwed on is NOT easy. But once achieved, it fits perfectly!

·
Registered
554 Posts
Unfortunately, I had a sh!t of a time (hours!) installing these things today.

I didn't notice this thread until post-install.

The issues:

1. As mentioned by NZSRT8, the footrest doesn't fit right-hand drive cars. No response from Stealth Auto. Would be good to have one designed that it a bit smaller for Aus/NZ cars.

2. Our brake pedals over here must be smaller. The holes are so close to the top and bottom edges, and close to the corners. I definitely didn't have the space to work with like the US pics.

3. Drilling through the brake pedal. F-me! I wish I'd seen the pic above where the dude is standing on the brake pedal to give himself more room. And because of the smaller brake pedal, drilling accurately through the metal when it was so hard to get a decent sized/powered drill into position.....well, you could imagine the language that was coming out of my mouth.

4. I ended up giving the accelerator pedal a bit of a graze on the left edge when the drill bit slid off the mutha of a brake pedal. Not good!

5. The little foot brake was ok, but hard to get drill bit in at 90 degree angle for the top left hole.

Other than that, they look great. But for me, the limited working space under the dash was tough. Especially in a right hand drive car when trying to hold the drill in my non-preferred left hand.

Love to hear from other Aussies, New Zealanders, and Brits (?) on their pedal install. Was it as "fun" as mine???

Cheers,

Stephen

21 - 40 of 41 Posts