Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a used 300C and love the decision. But as I have explored the car, I have found a problem with the center console.

It is very loose and wiggly, and can even be lifted up from the back. I opened the storage area and removed the tray at the bottom. What I found was there are four holes at the bottom that look like they have had screws removed, allowing the entire console to move around.

Why would someone remove these screws? Is this a sign of some modification or work done that I should be concerned about? Since it was originally a daily rental car in Hawaii, is there something under there that a renter would want to remove and put into theirs?

Another possible sign is the the rear vents don't blow very hard, if there is a vent connection there, it may not be well connected anymore.

Thanks in advance for your knowledgable help.

I originally put this in interior mod section, but decided this area might be better. I'm a noobie, so please excuse any infraction.

·
Premium Member
10,769 Posts
I have no idea about what might have been removed. Can't think of a thing to "swipe" in that area from a rental. But I did want to say that the vents at the back of the console don't blow much air anyway... it's an awfully long, curvasious route from where the fans are.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Im guessing one of the renters dropped something and removed the bolts to get it back IE move the console and never cared enough to put it back together right.

Or maybe the rental company did it to clean it and again never bothered to put the bolts back.

Hard to say.

·
Banned
651 Posts
or maybe that area was used to stash a large ammount of drugs. since your in hawaii your lucky you didnt run into dogg the bounty hunter. he takes down iceheads brah

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Now there is something I didn't think of

Maybe I ought to give my car a thorough search. Might be something still hidden in there to help pay off the loan.

That or run it by the police station to have their dog sniff it to prevent possible problems in the future.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Yeah there should be bolts holding that down. I just took my console out a few days ago. I cant think of any reason it should be loose. Theres nothing in there that can be swapped and it wouldnt need to be loosened to remove any other part of the console.

My guess is someone did it to stash something and didnt replace the bolts.

·
Registered
164 Posts
this is removed to do the no esp mod. not sure why that would be done if it's a rental though,unless some one wanted to have some fun with the car. check the wiring on the floor underneath to see if there is any splice work

1 - 8 of 8 Posts