Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i'm pulling in a driveway to turn around and I clear it fine, but as I go down to turn around I hear the dreaded scratch. I look at it and its only on the underneath so it's not bad but i'm still pissed! :AR15firin

Anyone else encounter this problem?

·
Registered
136 Posts
Oh yea, I've got the driveway from hell. I pretty much always hit it at an angle and do OK, but sometimes I forget, the sound send a chill down my spine every time. It's underneath, never see it really, but it still aggravates the hell out me.

·
Registered
482 Posts
Yea, that is a terrible sound, I had my C for a hour or so, and the wife tells me at the last minute that it's the next left turn that she wants me to take. I move back to the right and end up straddled on an island. I just cranked the wheels hard right climbed over it, and went on. I took a look the 1st chance I got, & all the damage was to the plactic shrouding under the engine.

·
Registered
81 Posts
And parking garage ramps that are not feathered, who the heck approved the design on these things? 10 pages of specs for an exterior water fountain, but nothing to taper an elevation change?

·
Premium Member
4,071 Posts
Sorry to hear Gawenda31, I know you have a new SRT8 so that doubly sucks.

LUCKILY it hasn't happened yet, but it will. :rolleyes:

I'm also careful when parking in lots that have those concrete slab/stops or whatever they're called.

·
Registered
435 Posts
vvv90 said:
I'm also careful when parking in lots that have those concrete slab/stops or whatever they're called.
Agreed! Those slabs are chin spoiler killers.

·
Registered
53 Posts
yeah

my own driveway i cannot park in without scraping. even taking extreme angles as if the car was slammed, it high centers and scrapes.. i have 2 driveways, one for my front garage and one to drive behind my house. i can make it in the driveway to go behind no problem, but the front one is a no go.

i had to put in one of those parking garages that you get from costco so my paint doesnt get jacked from the crappy heat here in Canyon Lake.

i still dont care, i love this car and i will lower it someday hehehe

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
vvv90...

who cares if you scratch yours or not...
you can't even wash it...
nobody will even notice...
:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

KIDDING!!!

·
Premium Member
4,071 Posts
cbutler32 said:
who cares if you scratch yours or not...
you can't even wash it...
nobody will even notice...
:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

KIDDING!!!
No shit!

I'm thinking of sanding the BB paint off and just running primer gray. That way I can use a bristle brush to clean it.

·
Registered
7,068 Posts
vvv90 said:
No shit!

I'm thinking of sanding the BB paint off and just running primer gray. That way I can use a bristle brush to clean it.
Damn, these artsy types sure are unpredictable. Humm, which chapter in the unauthorized biography should I put this event. :wink1: :biggrin:

·
Premium Member
4,071 Posts
srt8danno said:
Damn, these artsy types sure are unpredictable. Humm, which chapter in the unauthorized biography should I put this event. :wink1: :biggrin:

Chapter 3 -- Matt, The Car Ugly-izerer :D

I never did show you guys a picture of my Vette:

·
Registered
7,068 Posts
vvv90 said:
Chapter 3 -- Matt, The Car Ugly-izerer :D

I never did show you guys a picture of my Vette:

ROTFLMFAO!!!!!!!!!! It's a beauty! And trying to stay on topic, I'm sure you have to be very careful with this baby on steep driveways! :biggrin:

·
Premium Member
4,071 Posts
srt8danno said:
ROTFLMFAO!!!!!!!!!! It's a beauty! And trying to stay on topic, I'm sure you have to be very careful with this baby on steep driveways! :biggrin:

Ahem....Yeah, you're right....I just wanted to show how bad the ground clearance was.

In fact, the botton got so tore up, it wasn't worth anything...

So I donated it to the Fine Art School for the Blind.

Seriously though, ground clearance does suck on the 8, but it's NO match for a Vette.

The good thing however is there's a bare plastic chin spoiler under the Vette to protect.

On the 8 there's nothing but nice paint to get messed up. :(

1 - 16 of 16 Posts