Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just changed my oil and inspected the undercarriage of my car. I noticed the steering box and 1 of the rubber boots looked wet. Anyone else ever run into this. I will call the dealer cause its still under warranty.

·
Registered
4,564 Posts
Do you mean the steering rack? Here is a pic of my rack during a Peddar install. I have some dirt/oily stuff around a rubber plug/seal (not sure what it is) on the right side of the rack. Is this what you are referring to? If there is a steering box, I am not sure where it is.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Do you mean the steering rack? Here is a pic of my rack during a Peddar install. I have some dirt/oily stuff around a rubber plug/seal (not sure what it is) on the right side of the rack. Is this what you are referring to? If there is a steering box, I am not sure where it is.

Yes thats it on the plug and on the left rubber boot.

·
Registered
4,564 Posts
Yeh, the fluid doesn't look right, most likely power steering fluid. Looks like there is some small leak. Sounds like yours is worse if there is power steering fluid on the inner tie rod bellow. If I have a leak it doesn't look too bad. But next time I get an oil change I will ask the dealer for an opinion.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts