Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello fellow 300 fans

My 2005 300c has developed play in the steering wheel. Meaning that when I turn the wheel to the right or the left there is no front wheel movement. While it moves from right to left you can feel a slight thump or resistance in one spot. I have listened under the car for the noise but it is clearly coming from the steering column. It seems to be getting worse. I need to get this fixed but if I know what it is before I go to my mechanic I am hoping this will expedite the diagnosis and keep the cost to a minimal.
Or if luck may be I can do this fix myself with a friend that is a mechanic and I can just order the correct part.

Thanks
Josh from WI

·
Administrator
19,620 Posts
How many miles on your car?

Have you changed out the fluid recently?

It may only need to be serviced as PF fluid will wear out just like motor oil.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have just under 150,000 miles on it. And I have not done any fluid changes other than motor oil.
I will have them check the PF fluid

Thank you!!!

Josh

How many miles on your car?

Have you changed out the fluid recently?

It may only need to be serviced as PF fluid will wear out just like motor oil.

·
Registered
1 Posts
My steering wheel is loose as in if I pull up on the steering wheel it slightly moves up maybe an quarter to half inch. It only occurs once car has been warm driven for a few minutes. When I pull on the steering wheel whether it is on the right, left, top, or bottom, I can feel it in the brake pedal when my foot is rested on it. Will try to post video of what the steering is doing.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The problem with the steering was the Steering Column Flex Coupling.
Replaced for just over $2000 parts and labor!!!
Love my mechanic!

thanks everyone

Josh

1 - 7 of 7 Posts