Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So when I was trying to replace the badge on my steering wheel a few days ago I muffed up a part of the wing, and I still didn't get the old badge removed.......

Where can I get a replacement wing or the whole cover itself? I cant seem to find any and eBay doesn't appear to have any.

·
Registered
390 Posts
yeah you can get the "airbag cover" from a site in the US, had to replace mine as the horn wanted to go off at any time. I'll see if I can find that site for you

·
Premium Member
6,769 Posts
Yep x3 - comes as the entire assembly. Talk to Kevin Allison from the club (kball on here). I've had a long running bet with him that he can't find a 300 in a junkyard. Well, he just found a junkyard somewhere up by him in Salem that has like 5 300's, 6 Chargers and a couple Chally's. Couldn't believe it. I owe him a buck. But I'm going to have him pull some things for me. Bet ya he can grab what you need for cheap. Think he just paid $15 for the two strut covers and ECU cover.

Reactions: CNISTER

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
I think Andy mentioned this so he could replace the tiny gen1 medallion in the middle of the wing. Which poses the question, if the medallion in the wing is fixed and cannot be removed, then why would Rebadge sell a replacement medallion if it cannot ever be installed?

·
Premium Member
1,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
it can and has been done. I think I just impatient with the damn thing. I actually think to get the badge out I need to take the whole thing off anyway, I could actually wiggle the little badge inside the wing just could pry it out.

See what being impatient does to you!

·
Premium Member
6,769 Posts
It can be removed. Just can't be bought as a separate Chrysler part number. That's all.

If I remember right, it has two posts with big balls on the other side that have been pressed through small holes in the plastic. Just be careful you don't catch an airbag in the face.

I've thought about swapping mine out for a Gen2 wing emblem, but due to the recessed contour of the housing it wouldn't look right. I just changed the emblem in the middle and kept the wings.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
225 Posts
Did you replace it with a sticker? Or pull the original emblem and replaced that? Im looking to swap my entire wing part itself if possible (My wing has a break in it i just noticed today)

(ive been looking to swap all my emblems to monochrome, is 300fx the only place that sells them for grill trunk and hemi side badges) --- Sorry for the bit of a thread jack

1 - 8 of 8 Posts