Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All the speakers in the car suddenly stopped working. I have an 07 SRT8 and I've already checked the Fuses and they all are fine. Everything seems like it's working except that there is absolutely no sound. Anyone have any ideas? Thanks a mil

·
Registered
28 Posts
Yeah man I have the same problem. Oh wait, the reason I don't have any sound is because someone broke into my 300 a couple days ago and stole my amps, subs, and cables. Sorry, I got confused for a second.

·
Registered
9 Posts
All the speakers in the car suddenly stopped working. I have an 07 SRT8 and I've already checked the Fuses and they all are fine. Everything seems like it's working except that there is absolutely no sound. Anyone have any ideas? Thanks a mil
Hi!

I've got the same problem today.. Everything worked just fine this morning, but when leaving work sounc didn't work at all. Stereo (nav) works just fine (radio, cd), but no sound at all. The sunroof works, so I guess the fuse to the amp is also ok...

Anyone know what it can be?

KR, R

·
Premium Member
1,005 Posts
Try disconnecting the battery for 15 mins , it costs nothing but time

·
Registered
368 Posts
Just had a problem like this on my 300. Bringing it in tomorrow. No sound at all out of any speakers. Dealer thinks the amp for my system (Beats by Dre) might be bad. Will find out shortly.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Try disconnecting the battery for 15 mins , it costs nothing but time
Hi Again!

Tried this today, just minutes ago. Disconnected the battery for ~20 minutes - and(!) I couldn't almost belive my ears when - after connecting the battery again - sounds came from the speakers again!! :yes(1): Still I actually cannot figure out the actually cause to this problem... Anyone know how this can happen?

Maaaany thanx for this tip Phaseone - :You_Rock_

KR, R

·
Premium Member
1,005 Posts
No problem glad it worked

·
Registered
6 Posts
Try locking and unlocking doors with remote if you unlocked door with key. Mine did same thing today. I'm not running factory Boston system anymore but I am using exsisting wiring. Fuses were all good just no power to hotwire for (used to be factory boston accoustic power wire to amp turn on). There is a security relay that cuts power to amp and lighter if you lock door with key fob and unlock using a clone or vallet key. I guess it keeps people from smoking in car or listening to stereo. I don't know theory behind it

·
Registered
1 Posts
No sound from radio, DVD, player, etc. As suggested above, disconnected battery, waited about an hour, connected battery, sound back! Saved me a trip to the dealership. Thanks !

·
Registered
178 Posts
I have this problem time to time myself when I start up my 300. What I do is turn it back off make sure my seatbelt is unhooked <--- (a must) open and close the door, and relock my car. Then wait 60-90 seconds and unlock, and start it back up. it has always worked for me when having no sound with the factory unit

·
Registered
14 Posts
I removed the fuses for the radio and amplifier, they were good so I reinstalled them. Checked if I had sound---and I did. This might be an easier way to try and get your sound back than disconnecting the battery. It worked for me. By the way this happened on a 2012 Chrysler 300C.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I had the same problem on my Chrysler 300. No sound on any of the speakers for CD player, radio, or any sound source. I read the suggestion that one disconnect the battery for 15 minutes, and from another reader that the temporary disconnect worked. I disconnected the battery for 20 minutes, reconnected, and now I have sound again.

Funny thing, I opened the engine hood and couldn't find the battery. Read the manual and discovered they put the battery in the trunk next to the spare.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I had no sound. Called Chrysler. Said the radio must come out...... could be either a bad radio, bad amp or just a computer update. Made appointment. Then searched Internet and found this thread. I pulled the amp and radio fuses for 10 seconds. Fuses are in the trunk next to the spare. I now have sound. Called the service dept back and canceled the appointment. That computer update they spoke of would have worked, but just pulling the radio to do the update would have done the trick. Of course pulling the fuses is MUCH easier. Service writer told me I get a gold star.

·
Registered
453 Posts
I didn't see it mentioned in the thread - even though it is elsewhere, the specific fuse to pull, at least for the 1gen cars is fuse 36... Yeah. I think thats the one :)

1 - 20 of 26 Posts