Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner
21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Looked at your post yesterday. Wife's 2012 Chrysler 300 radio had no sound. Did what you recommended. Disconnected battery and let everything reset itself. Radio started working again. Thanks DC- El Paso, Texas

·
Registered
31 Posts
Disconnect negative or positive battery terminal?

Try disconnecting the battery for 15 mins , it costs nothing but time
Disconnect trunk battery negative, positive, both terminals, or doesn't matter - for 15 minutes?

Years ago, a fast lube place blew 7 fuses because, the tech said, "these cars (my 2005 300C) are strange and I disconnected the wrong battery cable first". Not knowing if true or not, I've been afraid to disconnect the battery since that day. I just now have this "..no sound" problem, relative fuses are good, all audio devices are working (silently), and battery is good.

UPDATE: Another search found justanswer solution "disconnect negative battery terminal 2 minutes". I'll update after trying this.
UPDATE2: Nope! Didn't work for me.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Try locking and unlocking doors with remote if you unlocked door with key. Mine did same thing today. I'm not running factory Boston system anymore but I am using exsisting wiring. Fuses were all good just no power to hotwire for (used to be factory boston accoustic power wire to amp turn on). There is a security relay that cuts power to amp and lighter if you lock door with key fob and unlock using a clone or vallet key. I guess it keeps people from smoking in car or listening to stereo. I don't know theory behind it
thanks you guys for the info of disconnecting the battery!! it worked like a dream. my Bluetooth is great too. it been two months without sound!! thanks again!!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello all just recently bought a 2005 300 Hemi C and ran into this problem today. The battery discharged overnight because I left something on. I jump started it and no sound checked the fuse everything was working but nothing coming out of the speakers. I checked here found this thread and disconnected the positive terminal, I didn't wait that long, and reconnected it, and boom ! on it came ! > Thanks to this forum great place to find answers

·
Registered
1 Posts
Guys you're great! I thought i broke something when I was replacing old android radio for new, better one. Just turned off my battery for 15min and bang! It works fantastic! :D

·
Registered
1 Posts
All the speakers in the car suddenly stopped working. I have an 07 SRT8 and I've already checked the Fuses and they all are fine. Everything seems like it's working except that there is absolutely no sound. Anyone have any ideas? Thanks a mil
Disconnecting the battery worked for me. Speakers working again. Thanks for the tip. Any cheats on getting the bluetooth module working again?

21 - 26 of 26 Posts