Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
742 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Before I commit to carbon dipping my dash has anybody got a link to some place that does the stick on type carbon that looks very good ? Not the cheap crap looking kits please . Thanks PAT

·
Premium Member
742 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Do I understand correctly, that you send these folks your parts and they apply the carbon and return them to you?
No they send you some stickers that you put on with the parts still it the car. Saves lots of work the thing is some are very good & some look like some thing you would pick up at a car boot sale !! The trick is take your time fitting then and buy the good ones to start with . I just don't know the good ones & I have a R/H/D . PAT

·
Registered
618 Posts
The link I provided (apsis) does swap out your cores with new units that are laminated with real wood or carbon fiber. They can do fake carbon as well. I have one of their wood laminated pieces and am waiting for more to be completed. If you are looking for as good or better than oem wood or carbon wrap for interior parts, this is the place to go. I have visited their shop on LI NY and have seen several pieces that were waiting to be picked up and I can tell you they are UNREAL. The quality is absolutely top notch. No comparison whatsoever to stick on pieces. I plan on visiting again soon so if anyone wants pics I will be happy to snap some.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Premium Member
742 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The link I provided (apsis) does swap out your cores with new units that are laminated with real wood or carbon fiber. They can do fake carbon as well. I have one of their wood laminated pieces and am waiting for more to be completed. If you are looking for as good or better than oem wood or carbon wrap for interior parts, this is the place to go. I have visited their shop on LI NY and have seen several pieces that were waiting to be picked up and I can tell you they are UNREAL. The quality is absolutely top notch. No comparison whatsoever to stick on pieces. I plan on visiting again soon so if anyone wants pics I will be happy to snap some.

Yes Please mate would love some snaps . Thanks PAT

·
Registered
429 Posts
I'm not sure I'm up for the expense. What do you figure is the cost of a "Full Monty"? Say dash, console and front door strips.

I see the stick on kits will run $300 and up. Seems like the full wrap exchange would start at twice that.

·
Registered
618 Posts
Wood laminated interior pic

Here is the fist component I picked up. I paid over $300 for this piece but got $150 back from my core. I am very happy with it and think it is worth the extra money. my plan is to simply pick up additional pieces as I can afford them. Note how the lamination completely covers the edges so you cannot see any of the original part underneath which is the issue with all of the stick on approach... cup_holder.jpg
When you take a look at the pics on the web site, you can see the radio bezel for example where the wood lamination completely covers the area around the clock that normally is exposed...

·
Registered
429 Posts
I guess I'm still thinking this thru. There is a guy in Orlando who does wraps who wants $300 complete. But if his work does not wrap completely around the old wood edges that's a non starter.

Your approach of doing 1 or 2 pieces at a time, as budget permits, makes good sense to me. The price for perfection seems not that much higher. That's a life lesson I keep forgetting.:biggrin:

My objective is to add a little lightness and contrast to the front areas. I have black leather with very dark wood. Not a combo many find attractive.

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Why not hydro-dip a custom design? It's not too terribly expensive. (at least not here)

I was quoted $125 to do my stereo bezel, shifter bezel (both pieces) and the 4 trim pieces on the steering wheel. And that was barely enough to meet the guys $125 minimum.

·
Registered
562 Posts

·
Registered
618 Posts
The hydro graphics route makes sense to me if you are doing a lot of pieces and you want to stay within a specific budget. It looks good but you will know it is not real wood. The nice thing is, you do have these choices. Good luck, and post pics when u get it done! I will post more pics as I can...

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Yeah I've never seen hydro-dipped wood pattern but I'd think it wouldn't look 'real'. The carbon fiber and other marble like custom designs are insane though. Very cool.

·
Premium Member
742 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Here is the fist component I picked up. I paid over $300 for this piece but got $150 back from my core. I am very happy with it and think it is worth the extra money. my plan is to simply pick up additional pieces as I can afford them. Note how the lamination completely covers the edges so you cannot see any of the original part underneath which is the issue with all of the stick on approach... View attachment 79569
When you take a look at the pics on the web site, you can see the radio bezel for example where the wood lamination completely covers the area around the clock that normally is exposed...
That looks GREAT , wish I could get it done that well in the UK. Any hope you could ash them how they removed & replaced the chrome bar without damaging it for me please ? as all the shops I have found want to not remove it and just go over it and I think that will look cap . Thanks PAT

1 - 14 of 14 Posts