Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

Stiffen suspension

3K views 9 replies 7 participants last post by  JusticePete 
#1 ·
hey guys,
I am looking to stiffen the ride a bit on me '05 300C. I was looking at Eibach Pro Springs. Will this be ok? I am not looking for anything aggressive, but something that will take away that body roll as I am getting on the on-ramp doing 85mph!!!:biggrin:

thanks!

#2 ·
<Bump>,,,,,,,,,

#3 ·
hey guys,
I am looking to stiffen the ride a bit on me '05 300C. I was looking at Eibach Pro Springs. Will this be ok? I am not looking for anything aggressive, but something that will take away that body roll as I am getting on the on-ramp doing 85mph!!!:biggrin:

thanks!
I put Eibach Pro on mine for about 6 months. They improved the handing a great deal, especially at high speeds. They would definately eliminate your body roll. My dampeners started fading after about 6 months and at the time Eibach didn't make a dampener for the AWD (they may not still?)so I replaced them with KW V2s. You may want to replace the dampeners along with the springs so you will not have the added cost 6-12 months down the road of pulling the springs back off to replace the dampeners.

#5 · (Edited)
Here are some pics of mine with some Pedders stuff... Love the ride, and the look is very perfect (they make different springs if you want it lower, or higher).

#7 ·
If I guess I think $5500 or so... ask member Justicepete

#8 ·
You cannot fix your LX with sways or coilovers. The foundational issues with the LX suspension are the bushes. The LX rear sub-frame bushes have minimal control surfaces and are tuned for NVH and not control. Functionally when you make a hard turn to the left and switch back to the right the rear sub-frame is still pointed to the left. Where the sub-frame goes the wheels go... The same is true but worse when you hit a bump in a turn. In addition to rear step-out you also have massive amounts of bumpsteer. Bumpsteer is the range of change in the front suspension geometry. This is evident when you drive an LX enthusiastically. Drive it hard and it becomes more pronounced. ALL LX vehicles, including the SRT 8 have these foundational bush weaknesses.

KWs are a great addition to your LX. Hotchkis bars are a great addition to your LX. Pedders, coils and sways are a great addition. NONE of these work properly with the OE bushes. It is like putting lipstick on a pig. Actually it is worse, because now when the car breaks loose you are traveling faster and by increasing the loads on the bushes, by making other suspension components stronger the inherent weakness in the bushes has been amplified. Setting up your LX starts with a Pedders Street I Bush Kit. You cannot build a suspension around bushes the consistency of Jello.

How bad are the bushes....

No amount of springs, coils or sway bars will correct the foundational instabilities of the LX platform. The SRT 8 and the SRT 8 Challengers have slightly improved bushes -- but even those bushes are not designed for the type of loads a MOPAR enthusiast will place on them. Make no mistake about this, there is virtually no OE manufacturer that would warranty these shredded and torn bushes. This is abuse and not covered by warranty.

Pedders has no racing, speed contest or abuse exclusion. We know why you bought your HEMI. It is the same reason we bought ours. If you want to turn your Dodge or Chrysler into an AMG with a HEMI it all starts with the foundation -- BUSHES.

If you want first hand experience with a Pedderised Chrysler LX platform vehicle, join us at Firebird on the 29th of March.

Dessert Madness

http://www.300cforums.com/forums/major-regional-events/53884-desert-madness.html?highlight=desert

#9 ·
ALL LX vehicles, including the SRT 8 have these foundational bush weaknesses.
Great! Now I have something else to worry about!:dead1:
Setting up your LX starts with a Pedders Street I Bush Kit.
So there is a solution, well I feel much better now! How much for the kit and how much would you guess shop time would be?

I would think that aftermarket lowering springs that stiffened the suspension would accelerate the bush degeneration as they would have to absorb that much more abuse. When would you guess that a stock 300 suspension would start showing these wear patterns/failures and how much quicker do you think you would see this wear/failure with a dropped car or a car with 20", 22" or 24"wheels?

B.T.W. Thanks for the valuable information. It was well documented and presented.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.