Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I can find shocks for the 2011 V6 2wd but no one lists the 2012. Suspension is the same right?

The damn suspension in this car is WAY too soft..it sags with 4 people and bottoms out too easily.

Do any spring maintain factory ride height but also stiffen suspension?

·
Premium Member
6,058 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the input.

I really was hoping for something easier to install and affordable. Will SRT shocks fit?

·
Premium Member
6,058 Posts
Thanks for the input.

I really was hoping for something easier to install and affordable. Will SRT shocks fit?
Yes...but won't help unless you do the springs as well...

Streetedge coilovers are $599 New, will tighten things up a little and have adjustable height... pretty inexpensive for coilovers and actually work surprisingly well for none track applications.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
418 Posts
Yes...but won't help unless you do the springs as well...

Streetedge coilovers are $599 New, will tighten things up a little and have adjustable height... pretty inexpensive for coilovers and actually work surprisingly well for none track applications.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
I've looked into these but they don't seem to have them available for the 2nd gen.

·
Administrator
19,734 Posts
2011 & 2012 suspension parts should be interchangeable.

Try Bilstein shocks if you want to go the shock only route. But coilovers (ST, BC or KW) would be a better choice, even if they are more expensive, as it's the springs that really contribute to the stiffness of the suspension.

For swaybars, look at Hotchkis.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Maddog..I understand what you are saying. But shocks make a HUGE difference if they are valved differently. Rancho's on my Chevy's were day and night better than Bilstein so that was my though process.

Thanks..I will look at coil overs, etc. as well.

Streetedge does not carry anything for the 11-12 model 300's.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Update...Put the Bilsteins on. They are about 1" shorter than the stock rear shocks..and MUCH better and keeping the 300 from bottoming out when there are 3 kids in the back seat..lol

I still need to change the fronts but so far the Bilsteins seem to make a nice difference in the ride.

·
Administrator
19,734 Posts
Did I not say "Bilstein" on 4/11/14? Did you doubt me? :D

I didn't mention the difference in valving or stiffness but I was responding to your request for a stiffer shock and that was my answer.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yes you did but you also pushed springs. Those aren't necessary. I am happy so far and these will work great for pulling y dirt bikes as well. Thanks

·
Registered
3,692 Posts
I thought Maddog did mention coil-overs and springs, but he specifically said to try Bilsteins if going the shock only route.

Will have to make a note about the Bilsteins for future reference.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts