Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Don't know what to do...I know the car is popular and all but it's pissing me off....I have $12k ready to put down and it would seem like they would want to try to put a rush on mine...guess not...may be calling my dealership district sales manager soon and see what's up...

Andrew

·
Premium Member
1,547 Posts
One word: ALLOCATION.

·
Registered
563 Posts
Come on. Allocation has got to only apply to dealer stock or "Sold Order: No" orders. If a customer orders a car I believe they build and ship it as soon as they can given your place in the queue.

·
Registered
251 Posts
It must be the allocation. I ordered June 22 and still in BX. I ordered from a small dealership. The sales manager has others on order that ordered before me and they are still in BX. It seems ordering from a large dealership with lots of sales from the previous year is the way to go to get a 300 in a reasonable amount of time. :mad:

·
Premium Member
1,547 Posts
BrilliantBlackHemi said:
Come on. Allocation has got to only apply to dealer stock or "Sold Order: No" orders. If a customer orders a car I believe they build and ship it as soon as they can given your place in the queue.
Use the word "allocation" in a search on this board. Read all the discussions that have taken place regarding it. Then offer up any plausible reason why there are people who ordered in April and May that still do not have build dates.

I know for myself that the allocation system is the major factor. I bought under a discount program that most dealers would not even entertain. I was flat told by multiple dealers that they would not give up one of their allocations for a non-revenue generating sale. I was very lucky to find a dealer that had a good rapport with the regional DC manager and they were given an allocation waiver for my car. They were very frank with me and stated that if they did not get the waiver that they could not order the car for me under the discount program.

When I picked up my car yesterday, there were multiple sales guys there gasping about the deal I got. When the fleet guy told them it didn't come out of the allocation, they mellowed about it. Allocation is a fact of life - it's real.

There was an article from Automotive news posted here on the board. ( www.300cforums.com/showthread.php?t=1021 ) In this article, a SoCal dealer in Canoga Park stated that they had a waiting list of 316 people and that they did not do any pre-sales. Why no pre-sales? Well, I'm sure their thinking goes something like this: "We are only allocated a few of these cars so let's order the most expensive ones fully loaded. Then mark them way up and start calling people on our list. Out of 316 eager buyers, we'll get more than a few willing to pay top dollar."

I'm open to any other solid explanations, but I'll stand by my reasoning: ALLOCATION.

·
Registered
56 Posts
My salesman has been selling Chrysler for 25 years. He said the allocation system is the most F'd up system in the industry. There is no logic on how cars are allocated or orders rescheduled. The same day I ordered my car (June 15) they I was confirmed as BX. The dealer had the allocatoin of the car and now it's up to Chrysler to schedule parts allocation etc. I called DCX last week and they confirmed the BX status and only offered to transfer me to my dealer. Rumor is the dealers show know more on Sept 7 about their current allocations. Brampton has 80K+ orders (300 and Maginums) and sounds like there are a lot of production delays.

The total BS is that several dealers told me that customer orders have priority over any dealer orders (unsold orders). It appears that this is not happening because we are all waiting and cars continue to roll into dealers.

So much for "Allocation"

·
Registered
2,964 Posts
It's all about Allocation

I placed an order on 7/5/04 and did not receive a VON#. I placed another order on 8/10/04 at a different dealer and got a VON#. The same eveything , including price. The first dealer to get it I"ll take it.
I called 8/23/04 to get my VON# from dealer one and they did not have one. Here's what they told me. They are allocatted so many cars a month and there are orders ahead of mine. All the VON# they could issue for the month are done. I'll have to wait till next month. Sure they could issue me a VON# but if they don't have allocation and if it sits in the system to long it will be cancelled. I think this is what happened to Angi300c. She called one day and here order was cancelled. The dealer still did not have allocation.
Sorry to say it but BX means nothing. It's just paper work. The D status in the key "dealer has allocation and parts are available".
The dealers can Issue all the VON# they want. If they don't have allocation your just going to sit in BX.

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
My order for the 300C was placed on August 9th. I only have my order number and no vin number up to this date. When I called 2 weeks ago they did not have a vin number. Im not stressing out, I know what the wait is and im not going go crazy trying to get a vin number from my dealer or call and check the status. I've noticed most people calling are getting one answer from DC and another answer from there dealers. Its just a run around imo. I was told my car should arrive within 6-12 weeks, im putting my money on 12 weeks maybe even longer. I wouldn't stress out, i know everyone wants there 300c's but I highly doubt your car will take more then 3 months to arrive. Up here theres only 2 dealers that had 300C's and the rest of the dealers did not. I purchased mine from a larger dealership so hopefully it'll arrive within the time period they gave me.

·
Registered
2 Posts
your best bet is with a large dealership and forget about a discount. i tried a small dealership (who offered 500 over dealer invoice) and was told they had two on order. these obviously went to a larger dealership with sold status. i wound up lucking onto a used (5700 miles) vehicle that i just happened to be in the right place at the right time for(at another small dealership). don't lose your passsion for the car, it is worth the wait

·
Premium Member
2,505 Posts
Have yo ever made a product and doubted the product you were making. D-C did not expect a following this large. It's evedent that they were caught off guard. They only sent 5 to the dealer down the steet from me and 2 of those came from another dealer in DC. They elected to eait and see after the dismal showing for the Pacifica only we all love this offering and now they are behind beause of poor pre-production advertisement. Its a game of catch-up and we are all going to have to play it if you want the C.

·
Registered
114 Posts
GEN XER, I'm sure that DC did not expect the huge success that the 300 is having, but I disagree with you that they are behind because of the advertisement. I had no trouble learning about the new 300 when I started looking for a new car, and I know marketing people over analyze things to death, yet still manage to be overly-optimistic people :).
The order backups and the frustrations some people are having could be symptoms of a manufacturing & distribution system that needs improvement, but DC can't make these cars too fast, because if they over hire to produce more faster, they will eventually and suddenly have too many people making too many cars right at the time when the market gets saturated and interest subsides to more normal levels. We the consumer are a very fickle bunch ;) .

I would agree that the allocation system sucks: its a vicious cycle that dealers who sell well end up getting the most attention, which allows them to continue doing well, while those most in need of corporate love are left out in the cold because they didn't sell as well in the past, meaning they are guaranteed not to sell as well in the future, and dooming them to less lucrative deals---which is great for we the car-buyers, but it's bad for dealers, as they eventually lose their best salesmen to the high-volume dealerships, which just feeds the spiral... But, this sounds like regular old capitalism to me. No matter how much the system sucks, DC will continue to move cars onto the lots that can move them off the quickest, because that makes them more money than moving the same even number of cars to each, only to have many sit there waiting for customers to find them.

But I digress... the 300 marketing I think has been VERY successful and in just the right amount. Look at all the people on this site--take me for example, who does not consider himself a real auto-phile, but may end up being one because of this car. The car has mojo, and the advertising was just enough, because it's the word of mouth that is really selling this car.

I digressed again...this topic is supposed to be about expressing frustration from still being in BX status. I'm still in BX status, but I only ordered on 17-Jul, so I'm well within the average, and my dealer set the expectation early that it would likely be the first week in October before I took delivery.

So, I'll just pretend to be patient for a few more weeks...

·
Registered
2,964 Posts
I'm with 300Con23s, if you get into week 10 or twelve and have nothing then you have a problem. If you look at those of us who have been waiting the average is right in line for delivery.
Your other option is to find a dealer who will give you a reasonable deal. I don't know what's worse the BS at the dealer or the wait. For the price I am paying, I'll wait.

·
Premium Member
2,505 Posts
Indy point taken did not mean to use the word advertisement meant to say the demographics for this car was off, they did not mean for so many young people below 30 to like this car. It was aimed at a much older crowed. I ordered mine in Kuwait...SHHH, in May it was ready as of 26 AUG. But since I dont go home until Nov, then thats a good time to pick it up. Plus at least until I P/U I get any additional discounts offered by dealers or the factory. I am up to 2000 already.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts