Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
K so my 300C, is a 2005, and it has 23,990 miles on it, I was talking about it with a friend who said I'm still covered under warranty because of the milage....
so here is my issue, I posted the bottom of this post on another thread, much longer but wanted to see if I could get an answer about the PAWL... If I'm not covered how much is it to recalibrate this sucker?

Maybe it's related to the rims, maybe not (just got 22's)... but my passenger airbag warning light (pawl, to damn long to type that out again) cam on today. It was fine all day yesterday and even today til I got off from work. all I did was put my purse on the seat... and no, I'm not one of those suit case lugging biatches... all I have is a small over the shoulder sak type thing. I read through some forums and I am assuming the only way to "fix" this is to have the dealer recalibrate? Anyone know how much this will run me? LOL, to make give it a little humor I was reading a thread here that said to disconnect the neg battery cable for 15 minutes to reset who knows what (actually something else that was in the middle of the pawl thread so I did this for nothing) so there I go to do this and get the cable off, and since it is dark out already I didn't want to leave everything out so.... I closed the trunk :pat:! why is this funny cause it only opens with the key ob or the release button.... since I have a speaker box in my trunk I'm going to hook up a battery charger to the boost thing under the hood and hope it opens up, LOL.

·
Administrator
23,437 Posts
Well Cynthia, I'm afraid this is not your week, as per your other thread. The basic warranty is 3 years OR 36,000 miles whichever comes first. The three years starts the day your car was first put into service. I guess technically you could still be under the three years if it was a late build, but it's close. If you bought the car used your dealer would be able to tell you if it's still covered.

It's too late if your warranty is up to take advantage of the TSB for the "pawl", but sorry I have no idea how much that would cost. Most people who've had that done did it while still under warranty.

You can access your trunk to get a boost by going through the rear seat, but pics would be mandatory cuz it's a highly technical procedure and we need to see it for the knowledge base. Just lower the seat and there's a safety release in there. You won't be the first to have to do this BTW! If you don't feel like doing that you can still pop the hood and boost from there too.

Bernie

·
Administrator
23,437 Posts
Damn, nevermind the crawling through the trunk bit. You have a sub in there!!!

Bernie

·
Premium Member
4,541 Posts
Any dealership can tell you the "in service" date from your VIN, but as Rambit said it is highly unlikely that any '05 is still under the basic warranty, since back then they were flying off dealers lots faster than they could get them in. It would have had to have been sold after April 2, 2005 to still be under warranty, and by then '06 models were already out.

My '05 (build date February '05) was purchased new by my Dad on March 3, 2005.... so I'm out of warranty already with 10,500 miles on her!

·
Administrator
23,437 Posts
Any dealership can tell you the "in service" date from your VIN, but as Rambit said it is highly unlikely that any '05 is still under the basic warranty, since back then they were flying off dealers lots faster than they could get them in. It would have had to have been sold after April 2, 2005 to still be under warranty, and by then '06 models were already out.

My '05 (build date February '05) was purchased new by my Dad on March 3, 2005.... so I'm out of warranty already with 10,500 miles on her!
Yeah, mine just ended last month and I have about the same mileage too!!! Jeez, if I hadn't gone to California I'd only have 5000!!!

Bernie

·
Premium Member
4,541 Posts
Yeah, mine just ended last month and I have about the same mileage too!!! Jeez, if I hadn't gone to California I'd only have 5000!!!

Bernie
My Dad has you beat Bernie; he replaced the 300C (now mine) with his '06 SRT8 on August 31, 2005. It now has 2,400 miles on it!

Hope he doesn't wear the thing out........:pat:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts