Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
RIGHT!
I know there are some older threads on this topic but I wanted to bring mine up. Its an 07 base with stock 17's. The car constantly pulls to the right on the highway, resident streets and just about anywhere. Its been like this for a while and I have just learned to deal with it but Im getting tired of it.

It also vibrates at about 70 mph. Its pretty bad. So here I am going 75 mph on IH35, trying to control a vibrating steering wheel, trying to keep the car from kissing the car to my right and trying to look cool all at the same time! Its very hard! When I first bought the car I took it in for the same thing and the dealer said that I had 2 bent rims so they replaced them. ( I bought used) it was fine for about a month or 2 then it came back. I called the dealer ship and they will not cover this under warranty. I've balanced all the tires numerous times and it just doesnt work. It pisses me off because I could have bought a Honda Accord and WOULD not have had any issues. Even buying used. But I love my Trey Double O!

So for those of you who have encountered this problem, what did you do to get it fixed? Is it merely an alignment issue? I live in Austin and the streets are horrible here.

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
Maybe you have a bent tie rod or something. If they fixed it the first time and it was fine for a month or so, it doesn't sound like it was bent rims in the first place. Time for us to jack that bad boy up and take a look see.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Mine did this when i bought it used with 28k mi. Took it to a shop and had them turn the rotors and rotated the front tires to the rear. They said my front tires were "cupped out" from alot of turning and hadnt been rotated. I even got the dealer to pay 50% of the cost to turn the rotors. After this it now holds alignment very well and no more vibration. I even told my mom it rides better than her new 530 bmw.

·
Premium Member
6,091 Posts
On the outside chance... also look to see if there is a crimp somewhere in the front brake line on the side it pulls to...

Other than that, have you had it to an alignment shop to check the specs?

·
Registered
9,851 Posts
tie rods!inner and/or outer.Get em checked

·
Registered
4,564 Posts
I assume you and/or the dealer are aware of the right lead TSB specs?

I havn't seen anyone post the right lead/pull problem in several years.
A lot of the first year 2005 cars had the right pull, as I did.
There used to be numerous threads on the problem.

I got my right pull/lead fixed with a simple alignment under warranty.
After 12,000 miles the dealer won't try to fix the right pull under warranty and will charge you for the work.

My right pull returned after I switched to 20" wheels.
I still have the right pull today, although it isn't really too bad.

http://www.wkjeeps.com/misc/LX/TSB/TSB_0200407.pdf

SUBJECT:
Right/** Left** Lead Revised Alignment Specifications

OVERVIEW:
This bulletin involves adjusting the alignment to revised specifications.

MODELS:
2005 - **2008** (LX/LE) 300/Charger/Magnum
**2007 - 2008 L2 300 (China)**

SYMPTOM/CONDITION:
The vehicle operator states the vehicle leads to the right **or Left.**

DIAGNOSIS:
Drive the car on a FLAT road (**without crown or asphault ruts**). If the car tracks straight, the vehicle operator is experiencing crown sensitivity. If the vehicle tracks to the right **or left,** perform the Repair Procedure. Crown sensitivity can not be eliminated in all the cases.

NOTE: Before evaluating the vehicle, it is important to check the following:
1. Tire pressure - Adjust tire pressure (if necessary) in all four **tires** to
the pressure stated on the door placard.
2. Tire size & type - Verify that all four tires are the same size and type.
3. **Ensure all luggage compartments are free of anything other than
factory equipment.**
NOTE: When evaluating the vehicle, always drive the same road in both directions to get a feel for the effect of road crown, **rut wander** and cross wind.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the tips guys. I guess I'll have a local shop check out the tie rods and see if an alignment does the trick. Ive read the old threads about this but I noticed they stopped a while back. I guess this just makes the car feel "cheap" well thats how I feel anyway.
Again thanks!

·
Premium Member
6,091 Posts
Let us know what you find!

The threads stopped since it was an early issue, fixed in late 05. Yours should be alignment, suspension parts, tire issues, crazy stuff like crimped brake line... kind of in that order.

Hope you figure it out soon.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts