Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
That dyno run is really odd. The run seems to stop at 4750 when it's clear the engine would of graphed higher HP's at higher RPM's. Are those 1 to 3rd gear peaks? If so why the low load and if so then 3rd is too steep and looks erroneous. I see a 2 point plot on the segment from 4500 to 4750. Also my auto shift points are almost redline on my AWD not near that low. Maybe I'm reading this wrong but the PEAK on this dyno run does not look valid to me. Please explain how the dyno was run?

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
They used the autostick to put it in 4th gear and then hammeres it from about 1700 rpm's on...any irregularities were caused by the car's computers not being happy with being tricked (had to pull the ABS fues to even get it to run at al on the dyno)...that's all I can say...

·
Registered
54 Posts
That is an odd dyno..good numbers though! And is that a mustang dyno i see?!?

Wish it didn't stop going...it doesn't even go to 5252 to see if it was done correctly :(

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
MrHappy said:
I'm just curious to know how it was done March 14th of 05? :)

the same way I have an '04 300C...the dyno operator just hit "next" like 10 times when setting stuff up I assume...LOL i didn't even see that...

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
People were taking video all day so I assume someone og the run(s) on tape. I'll see if I can track it down for the naysayers...

·
Registered
121 Posts
Shmirgin44 said:
People were taking video all day so I assume someone og the run(s) on tape. I'll see if I can track it down for the naysayers...
:D Buddy,

I suggest you get a video done of your dyno run, I since your creditability has been questioned here.

·
Registered
281 Posts
The Mustang Dyno sure seems different than a Dynojet. Not just the printouts, but the data. Most folks are making pulls in 3rd gear and it sounds like this one is in 4th. These differences (gear, dyno brand), make comparisons more difficult, correct? I think so.

·
Registered
528 Posts
Appreciate your posting the dyno run - nobody else has.
THANX!

·
Registered
351 Posts
I'm w/ redman

Thanks!
I've been asking for dynos for a while now and have seen 2 printouts and one video.

If anyone knows a reputable tester in the detroit area I will have my stock C dynoed w/video and printouts.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I had them do the run in 4th gear...I know on my SRT-4 that 4th is closer to 1:1 than any other gear. As far as the irregularaties, like I said...the PCM didn't seem too happy with what I was doing. Vid should be up by the end of the week...

·
Registered
54 Posts
Shmirgin44 said:
I had them do the run in 4th gear...I know on my SRT-4 that 4th is closer to 1:1 than any other gear. As far as the irregularaties, like I said...the PCM didn't seem too happy with what I was doing. Vid should be up by the end of the week...
Yea, 4th gear is the 1-1 for this tranny.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts