Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
On Sat. 19Mar2005 I went to work early, so I decided to take a 30 minute nap. I closed my door and armed my alarm. It got cold about 15 minutes later so I decided to turn my car on to start up the heater. Without disarming my alarm I turn the key to start. Guess what? It started with no siren. I guess it only monitors just the doors. :(

·
Registered
52 Posts
I think...

As I understand it, the alarm doesn't control the starter disable function. I was under the impression that function was controlled by a sort of transponder system using a chip inside the key which must be coded for each vehicle. Can anyone else help with this?

·
Registered
448 Posts
JDoubleU529 said:
I closed my door and armed my alarm. It got cold about 15 minutes later so I decided to turn my car on to start up the heater. Without disarming my alarm I turn the key to start. Guess what? It started with no siren.
Your car is operating as designed. There are two ways to disable the alarm: 1) press the unlock button on the key fob
2) use a valid sentry key in the ignition

See page 24 of the owner's manual (paragraph titled "To disarm the system").

·
Registered
265 Posts
Yup, no need for the started to be disabled if the sentry key isn't present anyways, the motor just shuts off right away if it can't find the chip in the key

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Oh!

Thanks guys.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts