Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone removed their stock amp under the dash? Was it difficult? I have the service manual but I learned from the install of the cabin air filter that not everything is as easy as it looks on paper.

I have the C with the base audio system and wanted to know if the plug for the sub under the rear deck is present?

If I swapped the base amp for the more powerful factory amp and DIDN'T add the sub, could I power new efficient speakers in the rear effectively?

I get the rear deck buzzing at times intermittently, the TSB states it's the rear deck itself while members in the past stated it's the panel below the speakers themselves. Which is it?

I'm not trying to blast rap music but only trying to improve my audio for classic rock-thus the improvement would be relative to my taste. Thanks!

Does anyone have the factory sub and bigger amp for sale?

·
Registered
677 Posts
kcrnmale said:
Has anyone removed their stock amp under the dash? Was it difficult? I have the service manual but I learned from the install of the cabin air filter that not everything is as easy as it looks on paper.
I have bypassed the amp, by wiring a line level converter in between the amp and the head unit. My aftermarket amp is mounted to the back of the rear seat. Bypassing it, installing a new amp, and getting it all tuned properly is something that should only be attempted by someone with car audio experience. Everyone has to start somewhere, but in my experience, I've screwed more things up than installed things properly. I'm not a pro. :)

I have the C with the base audio system and wanted to know if the plug for the sub under the rear deck is present?
I have read that the wiring is in place, but not hooked up.

If I swapped the base amp for the more powerful factory amp and DIDN'T add the sub, could I power new efficient speakers in the rear effectively?
If you swap out the amp with an aftermarket one that supplies enough power to your new aftermarket speakers, you will be amazed at the difference in sound quality. A nice set of 6.5" components up front and 2 efficient cheaper 6x9's in the rear will do the trick nicely. 75watts RMS for each speaker is a good affordable goal.

I get the rear deck buzzing at times intermittently, the TSB states it's the rear deck itself while members in the past stated it's the panel below the speakers themselves. Which is it?
Remove that panel that protects the speaker in the trunk. It is most likely your problem. It can easily be reinstalled if it doesn't fix your buzzing, and you can make the dealer remove the rear deck to isolate the buzzing.
Does anyone have the factory sub and bigger amp for sale?
Incorporating the Boston Acoustic amp and sub into the base system may be more difficult and expensive than adding a higher quality aftermarket amp and subwoofer. I'd recommend going the Aftermarket route.

You should be able to add new front speakers, rear speakers, and a 4 channel amp for less than $1000. Find a REPUTABLE local audio shop to do your install and tell them your budget. They should be able to work with you. Avoid places like Al & Eds, Circuit City, Good Guys or any other Chain stores. Their installers will do no better install than you could do yourself.

A good Audio shop will have a photo album for you to look at so you can see their work.

Feel free to run anything else by us. There's a lot of members here (including myself obviously) whom love talking car audio.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts