Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I just order the revised version of corsa extreme w black tips. The 2.75 inch version was throwing back pressure codes. Corsa then revised it w 2.5" pipes to eliminate the back pressure code. I know it will flow better to compensate for the decrease in diameter. But would I b better off refusing shipment on the corsas and ordering magna flow and wrapping them. Sounds like the corsa are taking two steps back and 1.5 forward. What's the diameter of magnaflow, which I loved on the V i just sold. Am I going to lose a few horses w 2.5 inch corsas? I won' drop short of$1400 for cool sound and no drone to lose a thing in HP/TQ. I am going to see if i can find out how the two flow (cfms) vs magnaflow
Thanks
Chubb

·
Registered
562 Posts
Keep the 2.75 and get a tuner. The back pressure code can be turned off in a tune.

·
Administrator
19,734 Posts
I'd stick with the Corsa in any size. 2.75" vs 2.5" won't make that much of a difference for a stock engine, even with a tune.

·
Registered
508 Posts
Yes, Chubb, the Corsa is 2.75" I love mine and can't say enough great things about it. The Corsa in making 600+ hp on the Vettes, so no worries there.

I have tried a lot of exhausts, and I have raced quite a bit, both on the drag and the road course. Corsa is the best you can buy.

And to qualify, there are other good choices. Magnaflow, Borla, Zoomers to name a few. I am just partial to the Corsa based on my experience. I traded in my '06 Charger for my current car. I get under my cars a lot. That '06 exhaust sparkled like the day I installed it. Zero rust. So I am a fan :)

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I came close to magnaflow, loved it on my V. No drone. I have a 3.8L turbo sans cat and an after market exhaust that will jar filling loose from drone fillings loose from the drone. Since our car goes to 4 cylinders, I didn't want to ruin a nice touring car like the 300, which shines on highway blasts. One of Corsa s selling points is no drone. The only exhaust I ever had problems with was a B & B on a C5 I had. Tips pealed and the headers burnt countless wires after being coated and wrapped. I ended up removing the headers and went w Stainless Works and never had another wire burrn problem for 10 years w that car. I also feel that corsa is one of the best of many good options.

·
Registered
508 Posts
I came close to magnaflow, loved it on my V. No drone. I have a 3.8L turbo sans cat and an after market exhaust that will jar filling loose from drone fillings loose from the drone. Since our car goes to 4 cylinders, I didn't want to ruin a nice touring car like the 300, which shines on highway blasts. One of Corsa s selling points is no drone. The only exhaust I ever had problems with was a B & B on a C5 I had. Tips pealed and the headers burnt countless wires after being coated and wrapped. I ended up removing the headers and went w Stainless Works and never had another wire burrn problem for 10 years w that car. I also feel that corsa is one of the best of many good options.
B&B is another good product. They make great stainless exhausts.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I liked the touring exhaust i had on a cat absent H/C C5 I had. It was stainless but the tips where chromed and they did peal. The B&B shorty headers I had on it at first and for about 6 months were a wire burning machine that even the best of shops couldn't deal with. They even got coated and I wrapped them myself. Plug wire shields. Still burned wires. I lost my faith in "truth in advertising" after this and still find myself asking a lot of questions. I am sure B&B makes a lot of good products well. I have just had an unfortunate bad experience. The first time I broke down due to a wire burn was on a trip to Chicago where I broke down on the south side with my scared shirtless 22 y/o girlfriend, now my wife of 10 years (who never complains and puts up w me) at 3:30 pm on a Friday in 2000. I found the one and only LS1 plug wire in that part of Chicago and got it on, only to burn another wire and limped into the Mag Mile, a better ending. This left a bitter taste in my mouth. Luckily a business in Effingham, IL next dayed a pack of 8 magnacore wires to the hotel lobby. The only thing my lovely wife now complains about is when I start betting the mod bug. She likes the vipers and tint and even said the car looked "bad ass". Man I live these cars.

·
Registered
508 Posts
I liked the touring exhaust i had on a cat absent H/C C5 I had. It was stainless but the tips where chromed and they did peal. The B&B shorty headers I had on it at first and for about 6 months were a wire burning machine that even the best of shops couldn't deal with. They even got coated and I wrapped them myself. Plug wire shields. Still burned wires. I lost my faith in "truth in advertising" after this and still find myself asking a lot of questions. I am sure B&B makes a lot of good products well. I have just had an unfortunate bad experience. The first time I broke down due to a wire burn was on a trip to Chicago where I broke down on the south side with my scared shirtless 22 y/o girlfriend, now my wife of 10 years (who never complains and puts up w me) at 3:30 pm on a Friday in 2000. I found the one and only LS1 plug wire in that part of Chicago and got it on, only to burn another wire and limped into the Mag Mile, a better ending. This left a bitter taste in my mouth. Luckily a business in Effingham, IL next dayed a pack of 8 magnacore wires to the hotel lobby. The only thing my lovely wife now complains about is when I start betting the mod bug. She likes the vipers and tint and even said the car looked "bad ass". Man I live these cars.

I never had B&B on my LS1 but knew many that did. Without wire burning. All we all had long tubes....So I always thought they were good stuff.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Shorties went bye bye I had one of the earliest versions through a connection at mid amer. Quickly moved on to Stainless Works LTs. Never had a problem for the 10 years i ran LTs.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts