Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Stock Front Emblem mod

26K views 136 replies 37 participants last post by  HEMEEE 
#1 · (Edited)
Stock Front Emblem Mod.......

anyone interested in having there stock front emblem converted to stick on format, e-mail me.. i'm doing these for my local dealer; for customer cars, and have had a few 300 members request it as well... the cost is 30.00 + 10.00 packaging and shipping, and your stock grill. pic attached for finished product.....

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
hey i may be interested in the emblem but more importantly i have a question regarding your fogs. i remember a couple posts ago you had a pic that looked like you covered the fogs vents so only the light itself was showing. did you actually do this or was this a photoshop? i remember you mentioning something about welding plastic? i have a C, and i loved the clean look of just having the fogs, and not having the vents exposed. is this relatively easy or takes a skilled professional? if so would you be able to do it for me if i paid you?

#3 · (Edited)
lennox- this is a future mod i have scheduled... i personally dont do the work. a local body shop could easily do it. most of them do plastic welding, which is bonding the same material as your bumber to the stock surface, then a skim coat of filler, and paint.... doing a c model would be easier to do than mine, because of the seperation from your fog porthole.i have had alot of plastic welding done on my other cars, that i mod. take a close look at the custom splash gaurds on this pic of my vette......
well the file is to large for more pics. i'll send em to ya...

Attachments

#6 · (Edited)
O Stress said:
just finished the stock emblem mod for pixel pusher... sittin in dry time...
That OEM molded-in winged emblem (medallion) looks nice on a custom grill. Since it appears that you will be removing (cutting) this from the OEM grill, are the medallion's edges being re-chromed in order to avoid the white plastic edge look? I'm sure that this will look much better than the dealer-installed winged adhesive emblem which is on my custom grill now. :cool:

Attachments

#7 ·
for pixel pusher... its on its way....
for mr dj... there is no exposed plastic edge.... i do great work,lol... no seriously if you grind it just right, it looks just like a factory stick-on, only bigger...........

#8 ·
O Stress said:
for pixel pusher... its on its way....
for mr dj... there is no exposed plastic edge.... i do great work,lol... no seriously if you grind it just right, it looks just like a factory stick-on, only bigger...........
Sounds good. Please PM me the particulars...thanks. :)

#13 · (Edited)
JustForFun said:
What do the "back" of these emblems look like? How are they attached to the grill? Any close-up images of the edge areas?

JFF:D
i can get some more pics taken for you... the back is done in 100% silicone, filled flush to the edges, then you apply 100% silicone to the back of that to adhere to the grill., they look just like the smaller chrysler stick-on........

Attachments

#14 ·
O stress, I must say your pics of the mod look great, much beefier than the other dealer wings logo....

do u know how to remove just the oval chrysler emblem from the stock grill?

I have the E&G Ultimate grill wtih built in wings and only need the oval logo to complete it , My 300C is still about 6 weeks away from arriving so I have no clue how easy or difficult it will be since I havent had the chance to look at the grill up close yet, any help or tips you could offer me for when it arrives would be much appreciated, thanks

#15 ·
biglescobar said:
O stress, I must say your pics of the mod look great, much beefier than the other dealer wings logo....

do u know how to remove just the oval chrysler emblem from the stock grill?

I have the E&G Ultimate grill wtih built in wings and only need the oval logo to complete it , My 300C is still about 6 weeks away from arriving so I have no clue how easy or difficult it will be since I havent had the chance to look at the grill up close yet, any help or tips you could offer me for when it arrives would be much appreciated, thanks
someone said you could pop them out, but i've had no luck with that... just order a new one from the dealer.........or maybe someone who has done this, without damage to the emblem will chime in....

#16 ·
chiming in... i have tried about 6 times about to get a stock emblem out...then i figured out that you CANT do it..the emblem is actuallyl translucent and uses the chrome of the grill as the refelctive in the gold and chrome..so if you try to pull it out it just ruins the emblem..my next step is going to be just using a small cut off wheel to kut the whole grill out around the emblem so it has the back of the grill on it..but then i think it will be too thick to do anything with....i have these 300 special emblems that can just peel and stick on if anyone wants one..15$ i am also having club 300 ones made as we speak.
tz

#17 ·
JustForFun said:
What do the "back" of these emblems look like? How are they attached to the grill? Any close-up images of the edge areas?

JFF:D
here are a couple edge pics... just click on thumbnails to enlarge..

Attachments

#18 ·
tommyz said:
chiming in... i have tried about 6 times about to get a stock emblem out...then i figured out that you CANT do it..the emblem is actuallyl translucent and uses the chrome of the grill as the refelctive in the gold and chrome..so if you try to pull it out it just ruins the emblem..my next step is going to be just using a small cut off wheel to kut the whole grill out around the emblem so it has the back of the grill on it..but then i think it will be too thick to do anything with....i have these 300 special emblems that can just peel and stick on if anyone wants one..15$ i am also having club 300 ones made as we speak.
tz
I'd like to see picks of the club 300 emblem when thier ready..........

#20 ·
tommyz said:
tz

if the peel and stick ones you have will fit the grill im down to buy one, can you show pics of both of them? thx

#26 ·
PixelPusher said:
had it painted & baked for durability before install.. wish I had had them paint my mudflaps also cuz they're already peeling & it looks cheezy! gotta order a new set & do it properly.
Why order a new set ? just have the shop sand yours down, sounds as if they weren't sanded before paint the first time.........

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.