Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,508 Posts
TheDon300 said:
yea exactly ventana. Who ever buys this is an idiot that guys really trying to screw some people over
Exactly,I bought a O.E.M grill off ebay for $40.00,getting
it chromed shouldn't cost $460.00..lol

·
Premium Member
1,547 Posts
I sent the guy an e-mail to ask what process was used for the chroming. I recently contacted a local company to do the exact same thing. I was quoted $150 to do vacuum chrome metalizing and $495 to do actual chrome dip process. It appears that this one is a vacuum job (which is not necessarily bad, just over priced).

Here's the ebay guys response:
Ebay Seller said:
THE GRILL HAS A CHROME RING, ":FACTORY" THERE IS NO WAY TO REMOVE ACID OR OTHERWISE THE PLATING APPLYIED, WE DEVELOPED A POLLY RESIN COATING "ROCK HARD" THAT WE SPRAY ON AND POLISH AFTER 3 DAYS DRYING, THEN WE WET SAND TO 1500 GRITT SANDING AND WASH OFF IMPURITYS. WE SPRAY A BASE COAT TO ADD GRIP AND VACUME METALIZE THEN ITS ROLLED INTO A SPRAY BOOTH FOR A TOP COAT KINDA LIKE A UV COATING, WE DID 2 GRILLS FOR A FAMOUS FOOTBALL PLAYER WHO TRADED UP FOR A LAMBORGHINI HIS WIFE NOW DRIVES A ESCALADE WE ARE DOING HER GRILL NOW SAME PROCESS, WE DO ALL THE BENTLY DEALERS AND LAMBORGHINI'S THE SAME WAY FOR 10 TIMES WHAT THIS IS SELLING FOR IT'S DEALER PRICED TO BLOW OUT...I HAVE 2 IN STOCK

CHRIS CHROME
I wonder if his last name really is "Chrome"???

·
Registered
208 Posts
"Ten times the price...blowing them out"

Puhleeze, show me the person paying $5,000 for a stock plastic grille that has been chromed.

At least with the STRUT grille you're getting something unusual and handmade.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts