Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if this guy is on this site at all, and/or how to go about getting the stock grill to look like this?

thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
55 Posts
I did mine like that and sold it I can make you one from a stock grill it would cost you 175$ I will include the grill if you want

·
Premium Member
4,071 Posts
RyanD said:
Does anyone know if this guy is on this site at all, and/or how to go about getting the stock grill to look like this?

thanks
That's awesome! One of the best and most unique non-blingbling grilles out there. :)

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
I did Mine too...

RyanD said:
thanks
Some time back,I did mine like that also.Took 30 minutes,some painter's tape,
a small can of Flat Black ( or Gloss black,your choice).
And a medium artist brush.
Nothing to it.
:cool:

·
Premium Member
4,071 Posts
Lik2race said:
Some time back,I did mine like that also.Took 30 minutes,some painter's tape,
a small can of Flat Black ( or Gloss black,your choice).
And a medium artist brush.
Nothing to it.
:cool:
That's interesting, and depending on the paint you use I'm guessing it's reversable with a little alcohol.

·
Premium Member
1,010 Posts
I got mine done form a local shop same thing. I was going to do body color but changed my mind. I found a woman that was sellin a couple for cheap so i boughth them going to try it myself. I should have done mine my self too but thats another story.:mad:

·
Registered
104 Posts
My local shop quoted me 230 to paint and install...

Paint would be matched of course, with a clear coat.

I am gonna do this when I get my TIS wheels later this month.

I will post a pic when I do.

·
Registered
528 Posts
All these mods look better on a black 300C.
Why, oh why did I pick silver?

·
Registered
7,068 Posts
jcsganga34 said:
For the same reason I did, I don't want to have to wash the car on a daily basis. :D
I know where you’re coming from, but I end up washing my silver C almost daily because the bugs are so bad in south Florida. So what the hell- the new SRT8 is going black. That will give me two black vehicles to wash! :D

Sorry- back to topic. Yes that grill does look nice. Do I understand correctly that this is achieved by painting the vertical pieces black so they disappear? Didn't think about doing that.

·
Registered
122 Posts
RyanD said:

thanks

that looks like the dub edition grille

·
Registered
126 Posts
I might actually take a stock 300 grill cause i have two lying around and tape up the chrome edges and spray the whole inside black just to see how that would look... i already have the grill taped up but will wait til tomorrow to paint it cause its already dark outside.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
thedon01 said:
I did mine like that and sold it I can make you one from a stock grill it would cost you 175$ I will include the grill if you want

if you would, could you please give me a few more details about this. What paint would you use? Any clear coat? How long? etc.

it would be cool to answer these in the open forum in case anyone else has similar questions, but a pm would work too. Either way, i'm definitely interested.

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
yarbie said:
that grill looks better and cleaner than anything i've ever seen.

No more mesh , EVERYONE HAS EM.
Yep, I've got to agree with you there 'yarbie'. Rarely do I even see a '300 series' model with the stock OEM grill in place, so that's why I had mine switched back to the OEM-style grill...I actually prefer the appearance (and now also the uniqueness) of it much better after all. Recently, the owners of two separate PXR 'SRT-8' models actually had my Chrysler dealer replace their 'SRT-8' OEM grill with an E&G mesh grill...it certainly looks 'out-of-place' on that particular model. :eek:

·
Premium Member
1,010 Posts
I talked to the makers of the Hurst grill. They have no plans to make that grill. but they'll happily sell you a mesh. I told them there missing out. Every custom 300 i see has the mesh. No offence but its to common now.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Scarbrs,

Agree... the mesh is too common (I still like it and wouldn't change that). I also really like what people have done with the stock grille - it just never occurred to me until I saw this. This is really a nice mod, and works really well for anyone who may be constrained for $ (but it really is a slamin mod regardless).

1 - 20 of 41 Posts