Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
did some seaching but just want to make 100% sure. If I were to buy a stock nav unit and a nav bezel would it be a direct plug into my non nav car? If so were is the cheapest place to pickup one of the nav units?

·
Registered
851 Posts
did some seaching but just want to make 100% sure. If I were to buy a stock nav unit and a nav bezel would it be a direct plug into my non nav car? If so were is the cheapest place to pickup one of the nav units?
No problem, Just remove old radio, plug in nav system, install gps attenna and install nav dvd into radio and you will be all set.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Hi...

I'm looking at doing the same thing. It appears you can go with a NAV unit into the slot provided for an RAK radio (six-disc/MP3/cassette)???

If I'm reading your thread corrrectly, there's a bezel I need??? Is this why the NAV unit looks bigger than my current radio?

You also mentioned installing a GPS antenna. I have a small, low-profile receiver on the roof of my car. I'm assuming that's the Sirius antenna. Is there another antenna I would have to purchase for the GPS / NAV?

Is there a thread detailing how it's installed?

On another note, would either of you know if there's a thread on how to dislodge a CD jammed into my radio?

Thanks!

·
Registered
194 Posts
Thanks! It looks like the antenna is mounted on the dash. Did you drill a hole through the dash for the wire? Do you know if there's a thread that may have a picture or more detail on this step?

Also, it looks like you have to buy a new panel cover. Where did you get yours and how much did it cost?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts