Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have a wiring diagram of the stock radio harness for a 2005 300c? I have a unit here that i would like to test out using a 12v power supply but when i connect the batt wires the unit only powers up when i hit the time button or load cd on the radio.

Thanks...

·
Registered
43 Posts
95cirruslx said:
Anyone have a wiring diagram of the stock radio harness for a 2005 300c? I have a unit here that i would like to test out using a 12v power supply but when i connect the batt wires the unit only powers up when i hit the time button or load cd on the radio.

Thanks...
Go to this link http://dto.vftis.com/MOPAR/DISCLAIMER.ASP

click the 'I agree' button.

Then pick your vehicle and model year. Then scroll down to the 'radio C1' connector. Once you choose that connector, it'll give you the wiring diagram.

·
Premium Member
829 Posts
95cirruslx said:

Thanks...
Pins 1 & 12 are power and pins 11 & 22 are ground. However, that won't get you going. The radio must see active data from the vehicle over the CAN bus before it will turn on. The easiest way for you to fully test it is to just plug it into your car.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
JonW said:
Pins 1 & 12 are power and pins 11 & 22 are ground. However, that won't get you going. The radio must see active data from the vehicle over the CAN bus before it will turn on. The easiest way for you to fully test it is to just plug it into your car.
I don't have a car with the can bus data, anyway around that so i can power up the radio to test it or will it only work with the can bus system? What if i use the - and + from the ccd bus will that work?

Thank you

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
el_duderino said:
No, it's CAN enabled.
Is there any adapter or something to make it work? if not then that's really stupid to make a radio to run off the cars data bus. it should be able to work without in it in my opion.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Aux Audio Input

anyone have information or know where I can get information on wiring an aux input plug directly to the circuit board on a 2006 chrysler radio that will allow an device such as an MP3 player to play thru the car radio.

Or know where I can get service information and schematics so I can figure it out for myself?

·
Registered
427 Posts
It might work, I was able to take the radio out of my 06 and power it on enough to eject all the CD's I left in while replacing it

·
Registered
3 Posts
thanks

But was looking for information on wiring directly to the circuit board. this would cost less than $10.00 in parts vs the $75-$125

1 - 13 of 13 Posts