Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know how much the factory wheel/tire combo weighs? It's kind of important to know for anyone considering 20" or 22" rims. Few people consider the impact of additional unsprung weight on performance and handling. Hmmmm...Maybe that's why people spring for 3-piece forged wheels at $1500+ a pop. Anyway, I just wanna do the math.

Thanks,

Michael

·
Registered
4,944 Posts
Also, the rolling resistance and inertia when it comes to stopping is another consideration. If I went for larger wheels (I won't) larger brakes are a must Bear claws for example.

·
Premium Member
6,091 Posts
Hey VVV90!!!!

Here's a thread that has lived in many incarnations. Add this to the never die phenomenon. Spawned into many a debate on rolling resistance, oversized wheels trying to kill you, etc. Enjoy.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Oh, to answer your question, the stock wheel/tire combo weighs in at 56 or 57 pounds (both numbers have been reported). No word on the mileage on the weighed wheels. The stock wheel is 25-26 pounds and the tire is 31, IIRC.

·
Registered
1,653 Posts
deegee said:
Oh, to answer your question, the stock wheel/tire combo weighs in at 56 or 57 pounds (both numbers have been reported). No word on the mileage on the weighed wheels. The stock wheel is 25-26 pounds and the tire is 31, IIRC.
Do you have the same data for the CSRT8?

·
Registered
29 Posts
E55 KEV said:
I weighed my Magnum 18" wheel/tire last week and it was 51 pounds.
Awlright!!! I changed the wheels on my C to the Charger/Magnum ones. That means I lost about 5lbs per corner!!! Sweeeeet!
Before anybody asks, I think the Charger/Magnum wheels have a more aggressive look to them, besides, I'm not really sure how the chromed plastic cover would hold up on the stock wheels....

·
Premium Member
2,648 Posts
Gaviao said:
Awlright!!! I changed the wheels on my C to the Charger/Magnum ones. That means I lost about 5lbs per corner!!! Sweeeeet!
Before anybody asks, I think the Charger/Magnum wheels have a more aggressive look to them, besides, I'm not really sure how the chromed plastic cover would hold up on the stock wheels....
The Magnum wheel looks good on a 300C. All 300C in Europe come with the Magnum styled wheels.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts