Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With all the discussion about brakes, I called over to StopTech yesterday to find out what they had available for our cars. It appears their application for the 300C will be coming out in about 3 weeks. Their sales manager was very helpful and informative with the details for our BBK. He said that a major distrubutor he has in NJ (who has a 300c) will fitting his car with one and would be able to answer any of our technical questions. Below are just some specs for the the 2 wheel caliper application and 4 wheel caliper application. Hope this info helps:


StopTech four wheel Big Brake Upgrade for the 2005 Chrysler 300, 300C. The kit includes ST-40 4-piston front calipers painted red, black, or silver, ST-40 4-piston rear calipers painted red, black, or silver, 7075-T6 billet aluminum caliper mounting brackets, 355x32mm slotted, floating, front AeroRotors, 355x32mm slotted, floating, front AeroRotors, 7075-T6 billet aluminum AeroHats with directional standoffs, StopTech SS (DOT compliant) front and rear brake lines, and Axxis Ultimate front and rear brake pads. Requires 18 inch or larger wheels, however not all 18 inch wheels will fit. Item No. 83-241-4747


StopTech front wheel Big Brake Upgrade for the 2005 Chrysler 300, 300C. The kit includes ST-40 4-piston front calipers painted red, black, or silver, 7075-T6 billet aluminum caliper mounting brackets, 355x32mm slotted, floating, front AeroRotors, 7075-T6 billet aluminum AeroHats with directional standoffs, StopTech SS (DOT compliant) front brake lines, and Axxis Ultimate front brake pads. Requires 18 inch or larger wheels, however not all 18 inch wheels will fit. Please check the wheel fitment chart for your car.
Item No. 83-241-4700
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
524 Posts
Sweet, looks like it may be my next mod. I had a set of front 4 piston stoptechs on a 300ZX I built a few years ago and they are solid. Great company with great tech service.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yea, I really like them as well I have em on my 04 Audi A4. Stops on a dime. Hopefully one of our vendors here or this guy in NJ will be able to work with us on pricing.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
524 Posts
Projekt 300C said:
Yea, I really like them as well I have em on my 04 Audi A4. Stops on a dime. Hopefully one of our vendors here or this guy in NJ will be able to work with us on pricing.
I know a stoptech dealer as well, as soon as there are part#'s let me know and I'll see what he can do.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,719 Posts
This is what I have been waiting for, slotted rotors are far better than cross drilled for longevity, big question is price and performance.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
aspendog said:
I know a stoptech dealer as well, as soon as there are part#'s let me know and I'll see what he can do.

Are the part#'s you are looking for the same as item #'s? If so, look at the original thread, items #'s were enclosed. If that helps.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
281 Posts
When you say some 18" Wheels, it won't fit, does that mean the stock 18s or the ASA AR1 (1st listed wheel for 300C on Tirerack)?
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
791 Posts
Projekt 300C said:
With all the discussion about brakes, I called over to StopTech yesterday to find out what they had available for our cars. It appears their application for the 300C will be coming out in about 3 weeks. Their sales manager was very helpful and informative with the details for our BBK. He said that a major distrubutor he has in NJ (who has a 300c) will fitting his car with one and would be able to answer any of our technical questions.
That would be me! :)

I installed the StopTech front kit on my 300C this weekend. I'm waiting for a set of rear lines to arrive on Thursday so I can put on the rear brakes. StopTech is having a special bracket for the rear lines fabricated and that will take a couple weeks. In the meantime, I'm going to fabricate something on my own so I can install the rear kit right away, before it becomes available to the general public. I hate to wait!

I love the brakes. The pedal feel is better than stock already, even with the front kit alone and prior to a serious bedding session. I expect it to get even better after I put some miles on it. (Which I'm about to go do right now!)

I'll post some photos shortly.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
791 Posts
II kings 9:20 said:
Say it aint so, they would'nt dare make a brake kit for 18" that won't work with stock 18s.
The do fit the stock 300C wheels. They also fit the stock Dodge Magnum RT wheels.

I'm using stock 18" wheels for winter snow tires (236/60-18 Pirelli Scorpians) and Dodge Magnum RT wheels for summer tires (245/45-18 BF Goodrich g-Force T/A KDWS). I decided to install the Magnum RT wheels because they were exactly the same dimensions as stock, but they show off the brakes better and, in my opinion, look sportier. I have to tell you, the BFG tires, at only $82 each at Tire Rack, made a huge difference in handling over those crappy, self-sealing Continental tires.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,431 Posts
DZeckhausen said:
I'm using ... (245/45-18 BF Goodrich g-Force T/A KDWS). I decided to install the Magnum RT wheels because they were exactly the same dimensions as stock, but they show off the brakes better and, in my opinion, look sportier. I have to tell you, the BFG tires, at only $82 each at Tire Rack, .
typo - I believe you mean 245/55-18?
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
524 Posts
DZeckhausen said:
That would be me! :)

I installed the StopTech front kit on my 300C this weekend. I'm waiting for a set of rear lines to arrive on Thursday so I can put on the rear brakes. StopTech is having a special bracket for the rear lines fabricated and that will take a couple weeks. In the meantime, I'm going to fabricate something on my own so I can install the rear kit right away, before it becomes available to the general public. I hate to wait!

I love the brakes. The pedal feel is better than stock already, even with the front kit alone and prior to a serious bedding session. I expect it to get even better after I put some miles on it. (Which I'm about to go do right now!)

I'll post some photos shortly.
If you are a distributor, how about a club price?
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
791 Posts
DZeckhausen said:
I'm using stock 18" wheels for winter snow tires (236/60-18 Pirelli Scorpians) and Dodge Magnum RT wheels for summer tires (245/45-18 BF Goodrich g-Force T/A KDWS). I decided to install the Magnum RT wheels because they were exactly the same dimensions as stock, but they show off the brakes better and, in my opinion, look sportier. I have to tell you, the BFG tires, at only $82 each at Tire Rack, made a huge difference in handling over those crappy, self-sealing Continental tires.
Wow! Talk about sloppy typing! I meant 235/60-18 snow tires and 245/55-18 performance tires. Sorry about that.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,151 Posts
DZeckhausen said:
Wow! Talk about sloppy typing! I meant 235/60-18 snow tires and 245/55-18 performance tires. Sorry about that.
Don't forget that Scorpians is Scorpions... :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,719 Posts
DZ, how is the noise with the G force, can these be used three seasons and I am thinking of using my stock contis in the winter. Where and how much for the Magnum wheels
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
791 Posts
II kings 9:20 said:
DZ, how is the noise with the G force, can these be used three seasons and I am thinking of using my stock contis in the winter. Where and how much for the Magnum wheels
There was no noise increase with the BFG g-Force tires. I've only had them on the car for 1,000 miles, so it's possible they will become noisy, much like the Potenza RE730 tires did a few years back. But so far, so good.

Technically, these are an "Ultra High Performance All-Season" tire, so you could run them year round. But I don't expect them to do very well in the snow and ice. I also don't think the stock Contis will do well, but at least they are narrower for better bite in the snow. I grew up in New Hampshire, so I'm a big believer in "real" snow tires.

I picked up the Magnum RT wheels from a car dealer in Las Vegas via eBay. They were take-off wheels with zero miles on the tires and absolutely no flaws. Here's an auction by the same seller for some 17" Dodge wheels, in case you want to add him to your "Favorite Sellers" list and watch for future 18" sets becoming available: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=43957&item=7940901053&rd=1
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
791 Posts
DZeckhausen said:
I'll post some photos shortly.
I finally got around to bedding the brakes after lunch. Since it was 35 degrees here in the lovely Garden State, it required a particulary agressive session to get them heated up enough. After they cooled off, the pedal feel was improved and the brakes felt terrific. For those not familar with proper bedding technique, I've got instructions here: http://www.zeckhausen.com/bedding_in_brakes.htm

We've had rain for the last week, so the car is filthy. I washed off the front wheels before taking a couple of photos, but it still looks a bit ratty. After I install the rear brakes on Friday, I'll wash the car and, weather permitting, take some nice beauty shots. Since the snow season is upon us, I'll also swap over to the factory wheels, since I have my winter tires mounted on them. So you'll get to see how the kit looks with both types of wheels.



 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
791 Posts
aspendog said:
If you are a distributor, how about a club price?
StopTech doesn't allow their retailers to advertise on the web or in print at less than list price. But what we actually SELL the kits for is between us and our customers.

It's a little early to be talking about special pricing, since the kit isn't even available yet and I've just begun testing it today. So far, so good. I'll be adding the rear brake upgrade later this week or over the weekend. If I like it, I'll let you know. If I don't like it, I'll also let you know.

If anyone in the NY/NJ/CT area wants to get together for an informal gathering for lunch and for a chance to see these brakes in action, just let me know. I do this sort of thing all the time with the BMW forums. It would be a blast to pull into the parking lot of Panevino Restaurant for lunch on Saturday with a couple dozen of these cars! ;)
 
1 - 20 of 35 Posts
Top