Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New to me SRT8, not sure what brake pads are on it. Doesn't squeak or make a crazy amounts of brake dust. I would like it to have more initial bite though, from what I have seen in older threads stoptech or posi quiet ceramic (i think that's what they are called) are a good choice for decent stopping power with less brake dust. No track days here just spirited driving through the mountain/backroads from time to time some stop and go in city and navigating around the occasional mindless driver on the interstate. I know more brake dust will be there just want to find a happy medium. What do you guys recommend? Thanks

·
Administrator
19,734 Posts
Posi-Quiet pads by Centric work great for street use with much less dust than the stock pads.

I haven't tried the Stop Tech pads. Once I put on the first set of Posi Quiet's, I have had no reason to switch.

·
Premium Member
512 Posts
I've got EBC Redstuff pads on the car right now, and when they're done, I'm going to go back with Hawk HPS. The EBC's aren't awful but they kinda have to be "re-bedded" every once in a while or they start to feel wooden.

·
Registered
193 Posts
I've had no problems with the Stoptech Pads they have good bite, dust alot, and can squeak initially when they're cold. Overall its a good pad if you want something aggressive.

·
Registered
150 Posts
What about for 2nd gen?? Posi quiet's?? I had them on my trailblazer ss and they were pretty good.. Just didn't know about the brembos and since they ALREADY squeal I wanted to stay away from the stock pads.. Preferably.

·
Premium Member
7,787 Posts
I've used them all. As noted above the PQ's are fine for normal street use, but many have reported an alarming lack of bite in rainy and cold conditions. I had them on for two weeks and removed them as I used the brakes at 120 mph and they faded out badly.

I love the Stoptech's, definitely an EXCELLENT pad material, great bite, low on the noise, almost never fade. One of the best IMO.

Also had great luck with the Bendix titaniums, very cheap and yet did quite well. Also widely available, hard not to like.

Just know that you'll never have great braking performance with a low dust pad. You always trade something, and brake pads are like ice cream, there's a LOT of flavors...

Reactions: therealfleen

·
Registered
150 Posts
Well i'm looking for the ben and jerry's americone dream type of brake pad, hah. I'll look into them both, but it seems like I can get the Posi Quiet's for $40 cheaper. Mainly I wanna get rid of this damn squeal but I haven't had any time to play around with them.. Overall I'm shooting for safety and $40 is not a big deal. I do however remember the posi quiet's being stiff and not gripping that well on certain occasions.. Could have been from the coating on the new rotors I had bought, rubbing off all over the pads but I wasn't able to enjoy them for much longer after that.. ANYWAYS, sorry for jacking the thread and thank you for the input!

·
Premium Member
273 Posts
I'll Second Maddog's recommendation. I have Posi-Quiets on my car with over 40K on them now and I've had no issues in the rain.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for all the good advice! I think I'll start with the Posi quiets and go with the Stoptechs or EBC if I feel the need to turn it up a notch. I had EBC Rotors with green stuff pads on my last car they performed well with moderate dusting around 1k lbs lighter though. With more weight and bigger rotors I know breaking out the wash bucket more often may just have to be what happens in order to stop well and stay looking sharp. I have no idea what's on there now so we'll give the P.Q.'s a shot and see what happens. I'm gonna bleed the brakes also.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts