Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm having some problems with my 300c, The etc light and esp light came on and the car ran like crap(limp mode). I let it sit and it ran fine. After a few days it did it again, but again shut it off and it was fine. Today it is not. The lights are on and it pulled up codes p0652 and p2138 I tried to recalibrate the throttle body to take care of p2138 and it did but it still ran like crap. only code 0652 was there. I tried to disconnect the battery and still nothing. Any Ideas? also what does p0652 mean?
Thanks in advance

·
Administrator
23,436 Posts
P0652 - Sensor Reference Voltage B Circuit Low

It appears to be related to the TCM

According to the manual, possible causes are:
  • ENGINE CHARGING SYSTEM DTCS
  • LOW BATTERY VOLTAGE
  • (A1) B (+) CIRCUIT HIGH RESISTANCE
  • (Z912) GROUND CIRCUIT HIGH RESISTANCE
  • (F942) FUSED TRANSMISSION RELAY OUTPUT CIRCUIT HIGH RESISTANCE
  • TRANSMISSION RELAY
  • TRANSMISSION CONTROL MODULE
From the manual...

The Transmission Control Module (TCM) monitors ignition voltage. The DTC will set if the monitored battery voltage drops below 8.5 volts and a temporary limp in will be activated. If the voltage rises above 9.0 volts, normal operations is resumed and the TCM will record the DTC as a one trip fault. The DTC will only mature to a full DTC if the voltage is less than 8.5 volts with a engine speed greater than 2000 RPM for a least 60 seconds.

I don't know about this specific code, but some require 3 good trips before the code is cleared.

Bernie

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I wonder if it's mainly a problem from the throttle body then because even with trying to start it a bunch a screwing with it it always turns over no problem.

·
Administrator
23,436 Posts
No idea on that, but it looks like that's what put you in limp mode in the first place is my quess.

Bernie​

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I went out today to do some trouble shooting and decided to try starting it. It started up and ran fine. I'm still going to do some trouble shooting but it seems strange.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The car acted up again. I followed the All-data trouble shooting. Very easy to do. Found it was a bad cam position sensor. I got one at Autozone for $20 car runs great. It took about 10 minutes to trouble shoot and less then 5 to replace.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts