Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally got my grille installed last night! And all I can say is AHHHHHHHHH!
I can't desribe the quality and presentation of this grill. Looked at E&G, T-Rex, and various others and just fell in love with the Strut. I know it's pricy but Wow! The only disappointment I had was that the lower inserts didn't work for the SRT-8 since ther are actual functional ram air. The custom shop are suppose to send those back and see if they can send the correct size air vents.
I also had them customize me a sub box with 4 10" kicker solobarics, It hit's really hard but takes up the whole trunk and I think I'm going to have to go with a different set up on my sound. But It's a good start. So tell me what you think!

Attachments

·
Registered
252 Posts
that is one sweeeeeeeet grille. you lucky son of a gun :wink1: enjoy. the car looks awesome with that grille.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Strut Grill on 06 SRT-8

Two more pic!

Attachments

·
Registered
54 Posts
Your car is going to overheat. It needs the open air that the stock grill provides.
Also it looks meaner with the stock grill anyway. My opinion is the Strut grill and
all Bentley LOOKING grills look wimpy.

I'd sell it and go with the stock grill and painted center bars.

Just my 2 cents.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
yarbie said:
Your car is going to overheat. It needs the open air that the stock grill provides.
Also it looks meaner with the stock grill anyway. My opinion is the Strut grill and
all Bentley LOOKING grills look wimpy.

I'd sell it and go with the stock grill and painted center bars.

Just my 2 cents.
:nono:
Yarbie, you must learn to be polite and keep your mediocre thoughts to yourself. Your attitude makes me want to..........:puke:
I thought we already had this conversation :silly:

Anyway CDBLU and Urbanchemist thanks for the compliments!

·
Registered
99 Posts
Yarbie your posts are great because you force us all to learn how to use the features on this forum that we might not otherwise know about - like the ignore list.

·
Premium Member
4,071 Posts
Though Yarbie lacks the tact :rolleyes: That is the first SRT8 I've seen with a custom grille....It looks great.

I just love my stock one though.

·
Registered
562 Posts
Wow, looks amazing!!

Daddydough check your PM!

·
Registered
435 Posts
Sweet

kidcoastal has the same one on his ride and it looks awesome. That wide Stainless Chrome ring around the mesh just blings in the sun.

I will be painting a stock grill (thanks kid) black and seeing how that looks on my Silver SRT8. Vengra photoshopped it a while ago and it looked cool so I thought I'd give it a try. Might even consider powdercoating the wheels black to avoid the brake dust issues.

And yes, yarbie did get a talking to a while ago but I guess it wore off.

Attachments

·
Registered
549 Posts
Daddydough said:
I finally got my grille installed last night! And all I can say is AHHHHHHHHH!
I can't desribe the quality and presentation of this grill. Looked at E&G, T-Rex, and various others and just fell in love with the Strut. I know it's pricy but Wow! The only disappointment I had was that the lower inserts didn't work for the SRT-8 since ther are actual functional ram air. The custom shop are suppose to send those back and see if they can send the correct size air vents.
I also had them customize me a sub box with 4 10" kicker solobarics, It hit's really hard but takes up the whole trunk and I think I'm going to have to go with a different set up on my sound. But It's a good start. So tell me what you think!
Daddydough congrats. Finally i get to see what our grille looks like on the SRT-8. You have a beautiful car. Truly a beautiful car.
300cul8r you're welcome. Did you find the bulbs? I like the direction you are going with you grille as well acording to that photoshop. Dont forget to sand and prep the surface rough so the paint finish is nice on it.

Now as far as Yarbie goes.... I'm not going to flame him.... let's not forget this is a forum for people to post info and opinions. I have read his posts throughout this site and yes, he is obnoxious and brash with his opinions. Either put him on your ignore list or put up with him.
Yarbie, maybe tone it down a bit, eh man? A simple.... "not for me" would do the trick.

again daddydough...... nice

·
Registered
136 Posts
I haven't decided yet, that looks sharp Daddy. I like the stocker, that pic of it painted in black has me thinking, I just can't decide!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
435 Posts
Got 'em

Got the bulbs kid thanks again. Do they make a big difference?

I plan on taking some painting lessons before starting the job. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
549 Posts
300CUL8R said:
Got the bulbs kid thanks again. Do they make a big difference?

I plan on taking some painting lessons before starting the job. Any suggestions?
Do they make a big difference... no. :biggrin:
They are a bit brighter and less yellow but it looks better when the light is off actually.
Paint. Not a pro but if I were to do it I would rough sand every inch, then do it again. Lay down a coat of primer. Sand again lay down a layer of black. Sand lightly again but not so the paint comes off. Just so that it's rough. add another coat of black. let Dry then another coat of black. Then two layers of gloss. I would do this much work b/c it will see chips from rocks. If it chips and you only did one layer it will look like crap!
again, Im not a pro but this is what I would do.
good luck,
Steven

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
TheDon300 said:
it doesnt cost that much for nothing... the str8 with the strut grille looks [email protected] great!! your cars looks sick man... are you going to upgrade to 22's??

I was thinking about going with the Asanti AF122 with Black Centers. I think that would be wicked! But Everyone that see's my ride says I ought to stick with the Factorys. I was fixing to order the asantis but I guess I'll just wait.

Thanks for all the compliments guys, I have to say that it's definately turning more heads now! I'm very happy with it!

·
Registered
95 Posts
Man Asantis on an Srt8 thats wicked man.... man if i ever saw that in person id prolly cream my pants... id go for Asanti's.... 22.9 in front 22.10 in the back with that 5 inch lip, man i dont even want to think of it

·
Registered
823 Posts
Looks great! Although I'd opt to get the mesh powerdercoated black:

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
teahead said:
Looks great! Although I'd opt to get the mesh powerdercoated black:

Teahead, your ride looks good with the black powder coated mesh. Nice and clean look. But I wouldn't do that with a Strut grill, as much money paid. I'm going to let it sparkle and twinkle :biggrin: .

The Don, I was thinking 22x8.5 up front with 265/35/22 hankook and 22x10 rear with 285/65/22. I just don't want any rubbing if at all possible.

·
Registered
549 Posts
Daddydough said:
Teahead, your ride looks good with the black powder coated mesh. Nice and clean look. But I wouldn't do that with a Strut grill, as much money paid. I'm going to let it sparkle and twinkle :biggrin: .

The Don, I was thinking 22x8.5 up front with 265/35/22 hankook and 22x10 rear with 285/65/22. I just don't want any rubbing if at all possible.
Teahead - it's funny you said that. I will probably be doing that same thing to my strut grille next year. Powdercoated to match my wheels.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts