Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, its been awhile since ive posted here, anyway, ive been doing alot of research on turbo kits for our cars, an it seems like the STS setup would be the best setup for our cars. Anyone have experience with these? They make good power on low boost levels an would run one on a stock engine...... It would also seem these kits also increase fuel mileage when ur crusing as well

·
Premium Member
1,117 Posts
I can't speak to any one turbo manufacturer but I'll give this a bump. I think 4-6 lbs of boost can be safe these days on an 06 5.7L but you should think about a safety net such as water/meth injection or a very good intercooler. I don't believe that the turbo will save you any gas and the fun of going into boost will probably cost you but it will cost you a lot less that a supercharger. It seems a common misconception is that turbos are free of parasitic loss, and compared to a supercharger it is true, but it does amount to a exhaust flow impedance. Headers, high flow cats, and a tuned exhaust would likely more than offset that impedance but they cost a pretty penny.

·
Registered
397 Posts
Hellion is the best period or if you have lot of money say 12-13k the twin turbo creations is the best

Sent from my Autoguide iPad app

·
Registered
383 Posts
My car is currently at TTC getting twins installed....Should be over 1000 rear wheel hp... This set-up is inbelievable. Everything is custom bent as they move along. The 300 is a bit difficult of an install for twin turbo's....very little room compared to the Jeeps that are more common for this company. They mount the turbo's under the headlights behind the front fascia. The Hellion kit mounts the turbo's alonside your tranny but will require pumps to get the oil back into the pan...don't like relying on the pumps for that. My set-up lets gravity return the oil to the pan since the turbo's are higher then the pan...Hellion's are below/even with the pan. Not going to be done until the middle of the summer...most likely. Looking forward to it. Good luck in your decision...

·
Registered
397 Posts
My car is currently at TTC getting twins installed....Should be over 1000 rear wheel hp... This set-up is inbelievable. Everything is custom bent as they move along. The 300 is a bit difficult of an install for twin turbo's....very little room compared to the Jeeps that are more common for this company. They mount the turbo's under the headlights behind the front fascia. The Hellion kit mounts the turbo's alonside your tranny but will require pumps to get the oil back into the pan...don't like relying on the pumps for that. My set-up lets gravity return the oil to the pan since the turbo's are higher then the pan...Hellion's are below/even with the pan. Not going to be done until the middle of the summer...most likely. Looking forward to it. Good luck in your decision...
So that's your srt8 at ttc congrats, I think it's the first 300 being done

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
Hellion is the best period...

Sent from my Autoguide iPad app
Baloney. Besides, there is NOTHING that is "best period".

Get the twin kit from Arrington or PWR; they fixed all the things wrong with the Hellion.

·
Registered
1 Posts
What’s all done to your car to handle that much power? Like trans, engine setup, rear end?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts