Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 83 Posts

·
Registered
2,555 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is these cars are not selling for this price what are we all going to do? First Freebirds old SRT C has been for sale for over 6 months that I know of, and now its down on Ebay for $36,500 and I know he would sell it for $34,000 or less. This car has so many upgrades its sick...

I think we are alllllll TOAST. No way I will ever be able to get out of this car.

I am not trying to sell, but I am just thinking of my next car. I dont know what I will do with this pig. Fn american cars blow.

eBay Motors: Chrysler : 300 Series (item 330245960387 end time Jul-11-08 09:25:36 PDT)

eBay Motors: Chrysler : 300 Series (item 290238426034 end time Jun-22-08 12:51:02 PDT)

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
I plan on keeping mine for a very long time w/no plans on selling until its paid off. To be honest resale value was not even in my mind when I first decided I wanted one of these....maybe because I knew I was keeping mine forever?

·
Registered
605 Posts
Yeah, that does suck. i know that when gas prices first started skyrocketing that my C was valued at $29,000 when I had 6K miles on it. Well 3 months went by and gas prices went up and I put on only 1500 more miles. I checked kelly blue book and mysteriously my car was worth $19,000. WTF? Yeah, it suck to have an American car, cause our value sucks.

·
Registered
626 Posts
I plan on keeping mine for a very long time w/no plans on selling until its paid off. To be honest resale value was not even in my mind when I first decided I wanted one of these....maybe because I knew I was keeping mine forever?
X2

I wouldn't take 40,000 for mine. It's an '06 with 37,000. :cool:

·
Registered
2,555 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have had a 300C and a SRT, I also has 2 x AMG C32, 2 Expeditions and a Hummer in the last 4 and a half years.

I go through cars fast... This one I am toast. Bet I couldnt get 23K for it.

·
Registered
408 Posts
The bottom is falling out of all Chrysler products it seems. Had to argue for a fair deal on my 07C as they are giving wholesale only (Nov07 trade). Just traded the OL's 04 GC Overland in on a 08 Liberty and was ready to walk as they were insisting on wholesale. Seems like Chrysler products just don't hold their value any longer. I am going to run my 07C until the last year for the Hemi (2011 I believe) and then buy the last Hemi year. I may just keep my current one also as well, the Lifetime Warranty means I can't go wrong. No more beatings on a trade for me.

·
Registered
534 Posts
Its because modded cars aren't worth any more then non modded ones. Mods are worth nothing in the market. You could have a Civic with 100k in mods on it and it would still sell for the same $15-20k a non modded one would. Mods are a personal item. Unless the buyers taste is exactly the same as the selers they ain't worth a dime.

·
Registered
916 Posts
I bought mine for Design, Performance and value of what you get for the money, not resale value.

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
love my car...not sure what ill get next though

and i lease:biggrin:

i'll just walk away :wave:

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
I could have bought a 05 300 srt8 BB for $23k locally. Kiss your values good bye! I know as fast as I make payments the value drops on mine so I hope you guys don't mind driving em into the ground.

·
Premium Member
10,769 Posts
I generally keep our cars 10+ years. They are never worth much at that point. However... these I am keeping in top notch condition, even though both are daily drivers for us. I am determined that they will look nearly as good as they do now in another 8 years. No plans to turn them over to anyone else.

·
Registered
14,781 Posts
Having just totaled my beloved SRT8 my insurance company gave me $32,000 (45k miles) as a pay off. I only owed $22 so that gives me a nice chunk to put down on my new ride. The only thing I was disappointed in was the fact my car was destroyed as I had planned to keep her for many years.

·
Registered
534 Posts
Having just totaled my beloved SRT8 my insurance company gave me $32,000 (45k miles) as a pay off.
They gave you that much??? Damn, I wonder what I'll get for my 07 with just 15k when they finally make the decision to end its life. It books at $32-34k so thats all I was expecting, but if you got $32k with 3x the mileage and a year older........... I only owe $18k on it..........

·
Registered
201 Posts
I Love My Car & I Don't Give A D*mn What Resale Is!

Hay, Y'All, I bought my beautiful 300C because it was THE dream car for me . . . . POWER, LUXURY, VERY NICE RIDE, QUIET, and COMFORT . . . . AND I love THE LOOK OF THE 'C" ! ! ! I Don't give a diddly d*mn what gas prices do, I am too old to care. I love this car and thank all the Chrysler & Daimler Benz engineers and auto workers for building such a dream machine. I will NEVER sell or trade this car. :arms:

·
Premium Member
4,395 Posts
Albeit the prices you can get for the 300's are not great, they are on par with every other car. They are all going down. And I would not base anything off of what is going on over at ebay.

If you want to sell your car and get good money (market wise) you need to be creative. Polish and detail it out and don't drive it. post it in every paper, auto trader and auto trader online. Get your service records in order and make it the best 300 there is for sale on the market in your area.

BTW- I just bought a 2006 $73,000 car for $34,000 in perfect shape. Again, all cars are going down in value. It just so happens that Chrysler hit the lottery with the 300 and because they are basically bankrupt they whored out the 300 like a little bitch. Now we're going to pay for that...

·
Registered
436 Posts
we keep them for atleast 10 years, like others have said by then they arent worth much anymore. so resale value is not a concern at all.

·
Registered
175 Posts
1 - 20 of 83 Posts