Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello.

My past 5 cars have all been 5 new Chrysler models. The past 2 have been the 300C model. I have just done nearly 31000 miles in the past 12 months so I thought, time for a change of car. I went and had a look at the new model of 300c and I was so dissapointed with the stupid aerial on the roof and it has totally put me of the model. I am not even keen on the brake light in the boot. I just wonder how many other sales have been lost due to the antenna on the roof.

·
Registered
3,673 Posts
This topic has been raised before, but I don't think anyone has come up with a good reason for its introduction. My radio works perfectly well without it. There was a suggestion that it might incorporate a cellphone antenna. If so, there should be an internal connector somewhere.

·
Banned
651 Posts
there is a guy on here with a beautiful black str8 with the stupid antenna. the long antenna part unscrew's and all that is left is the ovel stub and it looks just like the previous model 300's. He reported no loss in radio signal and it looks great. problem solved

·
Premium Member
2,241 Posts
When I was in at my dealership a couple of weeks ago I was told the external aerial was due to the metallic content in tints masking reception. Search me - I don't know.
Cheers John

·
Registered
4,944 Posts
Hmm, BMW and MB have these fins on the roof. Is this thing new, I am familiar with the 2005 but not the latest model.

You must be from outside the US, I have not heard the word aerial since I was a kid circa 1967, that word has largely been replaced by antennae stateside.

·
Registered
650 Posts
i was paying attention to this stick when i went for a walk today.
on dark cars it is almost unnoticeable. on lighter cars it is kinda ok. i guess i am getting used. :)

of course the stick can be removed. i wish somebody found/made some cap with rounded top to screw in instead of stick antenna.

however definitely it would be better if sat antenna was like it was on 2005-2007 and AM/FM integrated into rear window. i had these since 300M and reception was always good. anyone who wants tint just has to make sure they get ceramic based one.

i do not like fins. they look odd. the antenna GM puts on their vehicles looks neat.

however to answer the author's question. no it would not put me away.

·
Registered
4,564 Posts
When I see a 2008 and the ridiculous roof top whisker, it just reminds me how glad I have an earlier model. I feel sorry for the 2008 owner having to drive around with that dumb looking thing. Even worse looking is the 2008 Magnum.

·
Registered
650 Posts
When I see a 2008 and the ridiculous roof top whisker, it just reminds me how glad I have an earlier model. I feel sorry for the 2008 owner having to drive around with that dumb looking thing. Even worse looking is the 2008 Magnum.
improvements in 2008 well outweigh this oddity which can be "fixed" easily by scaling down to base only. if you can wait, 2009 model will do away with the antenna as i understand.

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
I have a 2008 model, and the darker interior and other improvements far outweigh having the aerial on the roof.

Whilst on the subject, my radio reception is actually quite poor, so there seems to be no advantage in having it there.

·
Registered
148 Posts

·
Registered
650 Posts
THanks, even though its for a Jetta will it fit our car?
They fit without any additional changes. The antennas come with 2 or 3 thread adapters one of which is good for our cars. The threaded bolt adapter of proper diameter is the only critical part here. The rest is just picking the antenna you like.

·
Registered
148 Posts
They fit without any additional changes. The antennas come with 2 or 3 thread adapters one of which is good for our cars. The threaded bolt adapter of proper diameter is the only critical part here. The rest is just picking the antenna you like.

Thnak you again, I really like the smaller one, hope the reception is not to bad.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts