Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
okay, so i need to figure this out...:grouphug:

i've been reading the forums for a long time now and i've made the educated decision based on a lot of other group members comments on putting 38 psi in my tires when the car is at room temp (70 fahrenheit)... EVERY SINGLE TIME I DRIVE NOW, it beeps "check TPM"... which im assuming is because the car thinks they are overinflated... however... even with the right PSI (32 i think) in it, when it gets down to negative 10 here in chicago (which it frequently does after a nice 50 degree day), the tire pressures lower to 22 - 24 psi... which really makes the system upset :pat: ... what can i do to disable the stoooopid chimer?????

p.s.... i want to be able to monitor pressure, but i just don't want it dinging... besides i would know if i had a flat cuz I'm not dumb + that thing prolly wouldn't tell me fast enough anyways lol

Thanks for the help guys... peace:)

·
Premium Member
6,091 Posts
I haven't heard of any way to disable the chime or the system.... and I looked for a long time.

Anyone esle with input?

·
Premium Member
10,769 Posts
Well, I inflate my tires to 36 psig and I know during summer road trips they regularly sit at 38-39 psig while road hot... However, I've never had a TPM chime. So I thought the only chime you'd get is on low pressure (indicating a flat tire situation)... not higher pressure.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well i can understand a low tire situation, but too high... ehhhhh

·
Premium Member
1,117 Posts
JB007Rules...This might warrant a trip back to the dealer. I've run 50 psi on my aftermarket tires without any problems. I also get a 100 degree swing from garage to street in the winter, again with no problems.

·
Registered
544 Posts
I'm with GoofyTimL the chime is only for low pressure so you can compensate on the high end. When the tires are hot you can go up to 44 psi. but it would feel like log wagon........

·
Registered
195 Posts
There is a tsb for all 07 cars with premium tire press system to correct this .They reflash the wirless control model. Dont overinflate the tires it wont help correct.You are not getting alow tire signal but getting a system fault.CHECK TIRE SYSTEM ,IN THE EVIC ,CAN ONLY BE CORECTED BY THE TSB ,SEE YOUR DEALER

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
JB007Rules...This might warrant a trip back to the dealer. I've run 50 psi on my aftermarket tires without any problems. I also get a 100 degree swing from garage to street in the winter, again with no problems.
I run 50 psi as well but since I aired up last week, all of a sudden mine has been chiming as well?! This has never happened before. Is the 50 psi too much all of a sudden? I thought these were supposed to alert you for low pressure.

There is a tsb for all 07 cars with premium tire press system to correct this .They reflash the wirless control model. Dont overinflate the tires it wont help correct.You are not getting alow tire signal but getting a system fault.CHECK TIRE SYSTEM ,IN THE EVIC ,CAN ONLY BE CORECTED BY THE TSB ,SEE YOUR DEALER
I have an 06, will this TSB work for mine if this is the problem??? How long would it take to flash the system?

·
Premium Member
1,117 Posts
BIG SMOOTH... I couldn't tell you the parameters of the TPM. I know that operating from 30-50 psi has never given me any problems. From memory, the owners manual does state that the TPM ensures that the tires stay inflated and I do not remember anything regarding them signaling over inflation. I have never inflated passed 50 psi so I don't know if there is a ceiling or not. Most Starscan flashes that I've gotten have taken more time to plug the Starscan in than it does to flash. It is a very quick process, especially if the dealer has wireless capability. They can do the flash while you're parked in the customer waiting area of the lot with no need to even open up a stall in the shop.

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
BIG SMOOTH... I couldn't tell you the parameters of the TPM. I know that operating from 30-50 psi has never given me any problems. From memory, the owners manual does state that the TPM ensures that the tires stay inflated and I do not remember anything regarding them signaling over inflation. I have never inflated passed 50 psi so I don't know if there is a ceiling or not. Most Starscan flashes that I've gotten have taken more time to plug the Starscan in than it does to flash. It is a very quick process, especially if the dealer has wireless capability. They can do the flash while you're parked in the customer waiting area of the lot with no need to even open up a stall in the shop.

Sounds good to me, might get it done on Friday since it's driving the hell outta me with all this dinging!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts