Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im trying to decide what would be the best way to set up my sub box with 2-12" to avoid having too much rattle... does anyone have them facing down? what would you guys recommend ? facing out? facing towards the driver? any help input will be good...

·
Registered
42 Posts

·
Registered
2,102 Posts
i have mine facing foward...but make sure if you do it this way there is a wall that separates the trunk from the cabin or it wont sound right...i matted the whole car and really there isn't much rattle comming from the anywhere..so my vote is for firing them foward...

·
Registered
290 Posts
I have mine facing the trunk and you heard the way it rattles!!

·
Registered
3,692 Posts
I have mine facing the rear without a lot of rattle. If you search
this message board about rattling, you'll know why I don't have any rattles. :)

before that I had a sub setup where it angled up and toward
the front. that worked pretty well and there weren't a lot
of rattles heard.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Facing the subs towards the trunk will give you the most sound output. I just had 2 JL Audio 12W6's and a 1200 watt Orion amp installed in my 300C. The shop built me a custom ported box. The subs are facing towards the trunk, but the air portal is facing up towards the rear deck. This helps in getting the sound into the cab and keeping the vibrations away from the trunk. The rear deck actually has dynomat in it already. These cars are made extrememly well in keeping sound in and out of the cab. The shop cut a porthole in the dynomat so the sound could funnel into the cab better. My trunk only rattles a little bit. The top doesn't rattle very much. But on the back of the trunk where the Chrysler emblem is it rattles a good bit. I still have to dynomat the trunk thoughout. No matter where you face them, you'll want to dynomat your trunk. Dynomats extreme trunk kit is plenty enough to seal out any vibrations. The subs just hit way too hard. The heat shields from the exhaust and the bumper don't rattle at all. Every car is going to be a little different on where the rattling comes from.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Facing the subs towards the trunk will give you the most sound output. I just had 2 JL Audio 12W6's and a 1200 watt Orion amp installed in my 300C. The shop built me a custom ported box. The subs are facing towards the trunk, but the air portal is facing up towards the rear deck. This helps in getting the sound into the cab and keeping the vibrations away from the trunk. The rear deck actually has dynomat in it already. These cars are made extrememly well in keeping sound in and out of the cab. The shop cut a porthole in the dynomat so the sound could funnel into the cab better. My trunk only rattles a little bit. The top doesn't rattle very much. But on the back of the trunk where the Chrysler emblem is it rattles a good bit. I still have to dynomat the trunk thoughout. No matter where you face them, you'll want to dynomat your trunk. Dynomats extreme trunk kit is plenty enough to seal out any vibrations. The subs just hit way too hard. The heat shields from the exhaust and the bumper don't rattle at all. Every car is going to be a little different on where the rattling comes from.
Would you mind posting some pictures?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts