Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok tommorrow (3/4/05) I am getting a incredible deal from my wifes brother. He is selling me his 3 13" JLw7's in a box for $350. Well this is to much for me and I do not want all that. So I will be selling 2 of them, anyways I want a box that covers the entire back of the trunk and have the sub in the center. Has anyone on here done this and if so do you happen to have pictures? Also what should I look to pay around to have this done?

·
Registered
106 Posts
Well do you need a new box? Are you going to buy a JL box? Do you have an amp? Do you already have an amp installed?

·
Registered
974 Posts
how much do you want to sell the other 2 w7's for? i am looking to upgrade my subs, but only if it is for the w7's. lemme know

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ruppstar said:
Well do you need a new box? Are you going to buy a JL box? Do you have an amp? Do you already have an amp installed?
Yes I want the box that I described built for my car. Yes I will need a amp that is one reason why I am only keeping 1.

Rollin on Dueces said:
how much do you want to sell the other 2 w7's for? i am looking to upgrade my subs, but only if it is for the w7's. lemme know
I am not sure I have found them on ebay for between $600 and $800 each and thats in a used condition. I have seen them $1100 each new. So I will sell them cheaper than $600, but I am not sure how much.

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
Jamesw said:
Yes I want the box that I described built for my car. Yes I will need a amp that is one reason why I am only keeping 1.

I am not sure I have found them on ebay for between $600 and $800 each and thats in a used condition. I have seen them $1100 each new. So I will sell them cheaper than $600, but I am not sure how much.
The general rule is that used equipment retains about 50% of new value. If you have seen them for $600 ea...do the math.
They sell for about $475 to the dealer...new.
Expect to pay between $200-$500 for the custom enclosure. Of course this depends on whether they use glass or body work of any kind.
Just be clear what you want and look at some similar work which they have done before. And ask about their warranty and get it in writing.

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I am picking them up tonight and will let everyone know later tonight or tomorrow morning.

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Holy old thread batman, anyways I did not get them. I actually talked to him on Monday and he said I can pick them up this coming Monday. So I have no idea if he is serious or not, but I do hope he is.

·
Registered
845 Posts
Hi James,
Please let me know if you do get them. I would be interested in one speaker if your willing to part with it. Let me know.
Thanks,
Bruce

1 - 11 of 11 Posts