Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey i have a 2005 chrysler 300 and i was wondering what is the best style of box to use, sealed or ported? i have had a ported box in here before but i just wasnt hitting well (running a true 750 watt rms amp and 2 12" high end subs) i recently sold the system which i just described and im wondering should i go with a sealed enclosure?? please respond thanks

·
Registered
65 Posts
drummer202006 said:
hey i have a 2005 chrysler 300 and i was wondering what is the best style of box to use, sealed or ported? i have had a ported box in here before but i just wasnt hitting well (running a true 750 watt rms amp and 2 12" high end subs) i recently sold the system which i just described and im wondering should i go with a sealed enclosure?? please respond thanks

Chances are your subs werent hitting well becuase they were getting a bad signal. Where did you tap the signal for your amp?

Regardless of if you use ported or sealed, it will hit harder if the pressure is facing the trunk. (Ports facing trunk, or open sealed subs facing the trunk).

Remember, with ported enclosures, its very important you build the box to the exact specs of the speaker, or they wont sound good. A poorly built box with great subs can sound worse than a well built box with piss poor subs!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
dipster said:
Chances are your subs werent hitting well becuase they were getting a bad signal. Where did you tap the signal for your amp?

Regardless of if you use ported or sealed, it will hit harder if the pressure is facing the trunk. (Ports facing trunk, or open sealed subs facing the trunk).

Remember, with ported enclosures, its very important you build the box to the exact specs of the speaker, or they wont sound good. A poorly built box with great subs can sound worse than a well built box with piss poor subs!
yea the box was built well.. it was a high end very well made enclosure built for the subs i had. the signal was comming from my sub out put on a pionner headunit. i think the model number was p7700.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts