Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Seems to be coming from rearview mirror fixture. thought it was middle speaker first, but wife says its the mirror (she was my roadtest assistant).

Anybody else with this problem? Fix?

·
Registered
101 Posts
stillalivenwell said:
Seems to be coming from rearview mirror fixture. thought it was middle speaker first, but wife says its the mirror (she was my roadtest assistant).

I have a rattle also coming from the middle front. I haven't had a chance to track it down, but from the driver's seat it sounds like it is coming from directly behind the radio. I'll let you know what I find out.

·
Administrator
3,667 Posts
I have one too, although it's only intermittent. Mine seems to be coming from the center of the dash, possibly behind the nav unit but unable to pin it down so far....

·
Administrator
3,667 Posts
rogue said:
This car is the worst rattletrap i've owned. Worse than my 1961 Lincoln.
Mine only has the one, luckily not steady... in fact I haven't heard it since our road trip in October when it was raining, wonder if that means anything. I do think that I noticed it much more however, because this car is sooooo quiet inside.

·
Registered
2,719 Posts
The only rattle I have is occasionally from my sunglasses in the overhead bin. Rogue, did any of your Fatmat help any of your rattles.

·
Registered
677 Posts
II kings 9:20 said:
Rogue, did any of your Fatmat help any of your rattles.
I wish. My subwoofer, even at low volumes, rattles the rear deck panel (not the metal) I have padded it underneath and it has reduced it a bit, but I need to spend a few more hours in the back seat isolating the rattles. The rear center seatbelt tensioner rattles excessively even wrapped and surrounded with deadener, the trunk panels are hollow and need to be filled with carpet padding or weather stripping of some sort, the overhead console lamps are designed in such a way that they "hang" and when bass hits them, they rattle up and down. The sunglass holder also rattles.

Adding a subwoofer and amp is the easy part of upgrading the audio system. Isolating the rattles is proving to be nearly a fulltime job... :p

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
That's the main reason I am tolerating the top-line Chrysler soundsystem as "sufficient." I had dual 12"subbox, mbQuarts at the 4 corners, and 3 Rockford Fosgate amps in my '95 Grand Marquis with no rattles, but have been very hesitant to do so in the C. Good luck with the isolation, one-at-time. The large interior should make for quite a concert hall.

Agree with earlier poster that reason I am hearing even the sublte rattle is because the car is so quiet otherwise.

·
Registered
8 Posts
stillalivenwell said:

Hope you folks have solved your dashboard rattle by now. If not I had one that sounded like it was coming from the dash center but was at the right sunvisor attach point. The sound was traveling down the windshield into the dash. Tightened screws and problem solved.

·
Registered
442 Posts
I have my first rattle in the dash that started today. My car only has 250 miles on
it, and it rattled the whole way to work this morning.

It sounds like its coming from the passenger side of the dash, but as everyone has
said, it could be traveling from somewhere else.

I can't hear it when I have music playing in the car, which is good. But as soon
as you turn the volume down, you can hear the rattle.

And its not like it only happens on rough or bumpy roads either. Any slight body flex, and
I hear it.

I will have to have someone sit in the car with me, drive it, and have the person
press on things that the rattle might be coming from, and see if that will stop it. At
least that way, I can pin-point the problem.

I have to agree that for the money, this is the most cheaply put together car I have
ever had, with more rattles, buzzes, and pops, of any car that I have owned.

But, when you add in the fact that when I come to a stop, and tromp the pedal
down, and get sideways in the street from smoking the tires without having to power
brake the car, all of those rattles, buzzes and pops just kind of fade away, and they
are replaced by a smile on my face!!

Jim

·
Registered
160 Posts
CJ7VFR said:
I have my first rattle in the dash that started today. My car only has 250 miles on
it, and it rattled the whole way to work this morning.

It sounds like its coming from the passenger side of the dash, but as everyone has
said, it could be traveling from somewhere else.

I can't hear it when I have music playing in the car, which is good. But as soon
as you turn the volume down, you can hear the rattle.

And its not like it only happens on rough or bumpy roads either. Any slight body flex, and
I hear it.

I will have to have someone sit in the car with me, drive it, and have the person
press on things that the rattle might be coming from, and see if that will stop it. At
least that way, I can pin-point the problem.

I have to agree that for the money, this is the most cheaply put together car I have
ever had, with more rattles, buzzes, and pops, of any car that I have owned.

But, when you add in the fact that when I come to a stop, and tromp the pedal
down, and get sideways in the street from smoking the tires without having to power
brake the car, all of those rattles, buzzes and pops just kind of fade away, and they
are replaced by a smile on my face!!

Jim

i have this same rattle that just begun today...was there ever any resolution for yours?

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
eudaman said:
rattle has been fixed

Solution: Remove golf ball marker and canadian coin from ashtray. rattle ceases immediately.
L O L !!

·
Registered
336 Posts
Mine started out impressively tight and quiet, but has picked up some nasty intermittent vibes. That really ticks me off as I have a little touch of OCD about that kind of thing. I also am usually alone, sot it's hard to isolate from where they are originating.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Today I had all four inner fenderwheels replaced, i did notice the new ones have foam on the edges, on the way home no more rattles.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Dashboard rattle--WTF?

A loud rattle just started in my 3 week old C (1800 miles). Seems to be coming from within the dashboard on the driver's side. Only occurs when moving.

I sounds like a buzz, at about 5 Hz frequency. The frequency never changes, it just either is there or isn't there; mostly it's there.

It started halfway through the afternoon commute and it was raining heavily.

Anyone have the same thing?

·
Registered
268 Posts
me too

My dealer doesnt think its there- but then I never get to demo it..... Mine's a mixture between a click and a clack rather than a persistent rattle- Seems to be coming from the right front- couldn't say whether its the right door mirror or the window or perhaps its one of the connectors for the right speaker that I replaced a while ago- its maddening!!! I'll check the right visor...

Jaydee

·
Registered
9 Posts
Rattle gone this morning

jaydee said:
My dealer doesnt think its there- but then I never get to demo it..... Mine's a mixture between a click and a clack rather than a persistent rattle- Seems to be coming from the right front- couldn't say whether its the right door mirror or the window or perhaps its one of the connectors for the right speaker that I replaced a while ago- its maddening!!! I'll check the right visor...

Jaydee
Mine's less than a rattle and more of a very fast ticking sound, something like five ticks per second. That rate never varies, it just goes off and on, depending on the movement of the car. When I got home last night, I turned off the fan and the radio/CD/sat and it still continued, but only when the body flexed a little.

The (good?) news is that it was very faint this morning in my driveway and gone completely by the end of the driveway (I have a long driveway--couple of hundred feet). So it must have been due to the heavy rain yesterday. Which means:
a) that's better, 'cause it annoy me when driving
b) that's worse, 'cause reproducing it for the dealer will have to wait for another massive rainstorm (I would have driven directly to the dealer last night, but by the time I got home the service department was closed)

So, we'll see what happens next. :yawn:

·
Registered
4 Posts
front and back rattle

My 300c rattles more times than not,and I'm confused on a solution. There's nothing in the ashtray, sunglass holder,etc. At first I thought it was the maybe the center speaker, know I don't know if it is in the right front somewhere. The rear also rattles, and don't know where it's coming from? Is it worth it to take it to the dealership.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts