Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New member - first post.
I installed an Alpine Amp and Sub woofer in my 2011 Chrysler 300 Limited with a LOC which switches the amp off automatically. It has worked well and sounds great but if I leave the car parked for a few days it kills the battery. The Chrysler service shop traced it to the amp and it draws 0.5 amps off; and with the power lead disconnected from the battery it draws 0.001 amps.

The LOC is connected to the two rear speakers per the Warez instructions and inputs to the amp remote. I can hear the amp power off whenever the car ignition is off for about 30 seconds.

What can I change to ensure that this battery isn't drained?

Should I not use the remote signal from the LOC to control the amp; and instead connect a remote signal from the stock stereo? Should I put a relay in the take the remote signal and kill the power supply to the amp? What do you recommend??

·
Registered
650 Posts
You need to connect the remote turn on from the amp to a switched 12V fuse. There should be one in the fuse box at the back of the car.
I had the same problem with my car, but it's an 07. I'm not sure if the fuses are the same on your 11. I ran my turn on lead to the fuse that controls the 12V lighter socket & then switched the fuse to turn on & off with the car. 1st gens have that option.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks JTSRT8,
1. So you ran a wire after the switched 12V fuse for the lighter circuit to the remote input on the amp. Thus, as soon as there is power to the ignition, the amp turns on. Correct?
2. Is your power supply to your amp direct from the battery to the amp (with an inline fuse)? ie. it isn't a switched feed to the amp power.
Just want to be sure I have the same set-up as you.
thanks,
Brett

·
Registered
650 Posts
1- Correct
2 - Yes main power is a 4gauge power wire from the battery to an inline fuse to the amp.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts