Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just driving home from work and all of a sudden the engine light came on and the car seems to not willing to rev over 2000 rpm. Restarted the car and the light is still there. Anyone came across this before? Fingers crossed....

Is there a way I can read the codes?

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
I was just driving home from work and all of a sudden the engine light came on and the car seems to not willing to rev over 2000 rpm. Restarted the car and the light is still there. Anyone came across this before? Fingers crossed....

Is there a way I can read the codes?
try disconnecting the battery for an hour and reconnect it. Then if the code is still there take it too a deanship.
Cheers
Geoff

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
try disconnecting the battery for an hour and reconnect it. Then if the code is still there take it too a deanship.
Cheers
Geoff
Thanks Geoff!

I was going to give it a try but don't reall seem to be able to find the battery. Any tips?

·
Premium Member
4,708 Posts
Thanks Geoff!

I was going to give it a try but don't reall seem to be able to find the battery. Any tips?
Seek professional help!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys! Would contact the dealership tomorrow. I just drove the car again seems to be fine just the engine light is on...

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
Give it a couple of key cycles (runs), the light may well go out and I wouldn't be concerned after that, otherwise if it stays on have a look at retrieving the fault code to see what's going on or take it to a good mechanic that knows about Chryslers, few and far between. Dealership would normally be my last option, sometimes there is no other choice, but seeing as it is probably still under warranty maybe you should start there.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Update:

The light suddenly went away after I took it to a car wash o_O

Well.... After reading up a bit on this issues it seems that it is really common and they tend to throw up a light and limp mode after driving in some slippery condition (was raining yesterday)...

Not sure if its a good sign or not tho...

·
Premium Member
4,708 Posts
Update:

The light suddenly went away after I took it to a car wash o_O

Well.... After reading up a bit on this issues it seems that it is really common and they tend to throw up a light and limp mode after driving in some slippery condition (was raining yesterday)...

Not sure if its a good sign or not tho...
Spinning the rear wheels is frowned upon by the 'nanny'!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts