Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, after a long winter, some change in plans, and a mad dash to make it to Spring Fest, the car is just about finished. Thanks to everyone at SF that showed so much interest in the car, and followed the build. It was great meeting everyone out there, and can't wait till next year to bring out the "Nomag" project.

If you missed the build up to Sema you can see it here: http://www.300cforums.com/forums/general-discussion/76034-sema-build-chrysler-300p-srt-coupe-10.html

Since then we realized there were a few things we needed to do.

The biggest issue was with the gigantic, funny looking C-pillar

So, we cut out the back of the window to make it flow with the car instead of ending so flat and abrupt.

Then added in a body line to keep the door line flowing all the way back.

Which gave it a much more smooth, clean finish.

We also wanted to do something as dramatic with the trunk, as we did with the doors, so why not split it like never before and make a Rolls-Royce inspired "picnic boot" aka tailgate.

Coming up with a hinge to clear the bumper and support the deck lid was a process, but after about 8 trial hinges, we came up with this compound hinge made of chromoly tubing

and then we used heim joints on the sides for support and as guides.

Add in some suede, leather, air tank, propane tank, some compressors and amps and you get this

Put the amp rack on a air cylnder as well

At the front, we were really sick of seeing this big black bar cutting through to bottom of our grill shell, so we sectioned and reinforced the front bumper so it sits below the grill now.

Add in more black suede, leather and painted pieces for the interior

Top it off with Hot Hues Super Jet Black, and you end up with this

Still a few fit and finish issues to address, as well as finishing off the propane conversion, and detailing out the engine bay, but that's about it. A couple more weeks and this project will finally be done! On to the next....

·
Premium Member
10,769 Posts
WOW! That's quite a vision and a heck of a lot of work. Nicely done! A bit surprised you didn't add the welded on "mean" eyelids...

·
Premium Member
585 Posts
WHOA THAT'S SICK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HOLY CRAP lol

·
Premium Member
10,769 Posts
For a minute there I thought the DUBSTER was back! "SICK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" LOL

·
Registered
213 Posts
Can you do my car!!!! PLEASE!!!!
Damn that paint job is sick!

·
Premium Member
2,859 Posts
Tim you could have seen it inperosn this past weekend.

swinc it was nice meeting you at the Unlawfull, you car is very impressive and i love the Propane idea. theres so many little things on the car that its hard to pic one but the propane is by far the one that will stand out.
Hay was that Sim's car next to you?

I got a question thou what color did the car start out as?

·
Premium Member
10,769 Posts
Quit reminding me Eric! We'll be back through June 5pm-6am.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hey, thanks guys.

S.C. - just let me know what you want to do, and we'll take care of you!

Scarbs - Hey nice meeting you as well, had a good time out there. Our goal was to put little twists on things that may have already been done, and since 6.1swaps in to V6's isn't anything new, why not run it on propane since nobody has done one that we know of. The car was originally bril. black and if you look close in the engine bay you can probably tell. And, yes that was Simons car next to me.

·
Premium Member
41 Posts
swsinc, this is a fantastic and proffessional job - it sure looks like you love doing it.
if you have any electronics modifications you wish to do - i specialize in instrument clusters and ecu's...i can advise in this field should you need something.

·
Premium Member
2,691 Posts
Absolutely first class all the way and I am sitting here drooling wishing I owned that beast! Just plain, WOW!

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
I was checking it out at sema this year. Looked really clean. What did you end up using for the glass. It looked like lexan at sema, did you end up swapping it for cut glass after?

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yeah, lexan at Sema, but we have glass finally on order, should be about 4 more weeks. Took awhile to find a place that was not completely outrageous.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts