Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One major mod that I am looking at doing is putting suicide doors on my rear doors. I have looked around at kits and they seem to hover around 400 to 800, however this is just for the kit. Was wondering if anyone had any advise on going about it and making sure it is done right so that there is no danger of the doors eventually druping down and becoming misalligned. Also what is envolved in actually installing them, and an estimation on how much it would cost to have them installed professionaly if that is required. Any input you could give me would be greatly appreciated.

·
Administrator
23,437 Posts
You're looking at a MAJOR expense for that. There was a former member here that had to get it done twice and took two years to get it right. No idea on the actual cost, but it must have cost a ton to do.

Bernie

·
Registered
113 Posts
One major mod that I am looking at doing is putting suicide doors on my rear doors. I have looked around at kits and they seem to hover around 400 to 800, however this is just for the kit. Was wondering if anyone had any advise on going about it and making sure it is done right so that there is no danger of the doors eventually druping down and becoming misalligned. Also what is envolved in actually installing them, and an estimation on how much it would cost to have them installed professionaly if that is required. Any input you could give me would be greatly appreciated.
i was intrested in doing it also so i called up unique autosport and they said 7000!!!!!!! for that much money its not worth it

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
first, unique is a joke i wont trust them for sh*t......but suicides go for around 5-6

personally i would rather spend 100 for a welding class and then do it myself

·
Registered
266 Posts
I have a guy who does classic restorations, he has a good welding setup also. He was willing to refab it for me for 2500 bucks. I've seen his suicide doors on an escalade and I must say I was pretty impressed.

Let me say this much, if its a daily driver, its not worth it, if its a grocery getter or a show car that rarely uses the back seat then maybe but a no-no for a daily driver. The hinges go out of alignment and you will have to re-do it.

Getting the perfect fit without rattling and completely getting it quiet is a pain.

If I may suggest another mod that is real cool go for completely shaved handles, its a very cool look at 1/10 the price. :).

·
Premium Member
1,109 Posts
trucks are alot easier because you can use 2 hindges and theres alot of room... our cars.. not so much .id say look to spend from 4 to 8k depending on if they paint everything for you as well. cheaper is not better in this case.. this mod will TOTAL your car if not done correctly.

·
Registered
350 Posts
hey TZ that roof is veryyy coool!

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Going shaved

Well since right now until I get another vehical besides my bike it is an everyday driver you are right I dont really want to have to worrie about them becoming misalligned. As far as shaved door handles I was thinking of going that route as well, but it almost seemed just as expensive with the installation, and the painting. When you do it do they have to repain the entire car or just paint match the doors where the handles were? And how is it as far as security wise? Thanks for the help

Oh and TZ I was pricing the panoramic sunroof and was quoted about 1200 from charlotte sunroofs, does that sound about right?

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
i was intrested in doing it also so i called up unique autosport and they said 7000!!!!!!! for that much money its not worth it
Unique is a joke. I could show you pics of the work they have done. From duct taping speakers and wires in place and spray paint over spray on interiors... its almost laughable. You are paying excess money for the name and that is it. If you want the name of some other shops in CT that are more then capable of turning out good work let me know.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Any shops that you could give me that are resonably priced and do good work would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
859 Posts
My guy does them for $2500 a piece but they look really clean and he has a nice kit that he uses check out JTautostyle.com but he's in Cali!!!

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well cali is not a problem being that I grew up in riverside and will be down there some time or another with my car.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I had talked to a guy around where I live and was quoted $2500 for the rear doors suicided, handles moved forward, and the wiring done. He said the hinge kit was a GT single hinge. I did tell him that I would be doing the paint work tho.... On their website they have some pics of one I believe they have done. It was gb customs.

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
I had talked to a guy around where I live and was quoted $2500 for the rear doors suicided, handles moved forward, and the wiring done. He said the hinge kit was a GT single hinge. I did tell him that I would be doing the paint work tho.... On their website they have some pics of one I believe they have done. It was gb customs.
$2500 seems really cheap unless that is per side. The ram on their site belongs to someone I know and I can ask them about the quality of gb customs work if you want. Just PM me and let me know if you want.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Well I was assuming I also had to do the bodywork also b/c I told them I would do the paint work. I've seen their grand am and scion tc, they are extremely nice and well crafted. From what I've seen, its top notch

1 - 17 of 17 Posts