Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, this is my first post. I purchsed a fully loaded black 300c in august. Sinice then i have put 14K miles on it. So i wanted to summarize the issues that i have had. First let me tell you that this is THE BEST CAR IN THE WORLD, then if you include the price, its even a better deal.
I have owned jaguar x-type, mercedes c240 4matic all new, and this is the best new car i have ever driven or owned. Now the issues that i want to address:

-The center console trim where the automatic shifter is, is loose and it rocks. You can almost feel like it will break, but it doesn't. This is the shiny metallic frame that surrounds the shifter

-The steering wheel is solid but squeaks at the points of intersection with the steering wheel structure. meaning the spoke on the steering wheel squeeze witin there limited space. you can feel this by moving the spoke pieces around and see that they are not fully tight.

-The car CAME with a scratch in the rear leather seat, very minor and not deep, but a high level scratch in the leather.

I want to know if anyone else has experienced these issues, please let me know. Thank you!

·
BLOODY ADMENSTRUATOR
12,606 Posts
300crocks said:
Hello everyone, this is my first post. I purchsed a fully loaded black 300c in august. Sinice then i have put 14K miles on it. So i wanted to summarize the issues that i have had. First let me tell you that this is THE BEST CAR IN THE WORLD, then if you include the price, its even a better deal.
I have owned jaguar x-type, mercedes c240 4matic all new, and this is the best new car i have ever driven or owned. Now the issues that i want to address:

-The center console trim where the automatic shifter is, is loose and it rocks. You can almost feel like it will break, but it doesn't. This is the shiny metallic frame that surrounds the shifter

-The steering wheel is solid but squeaks at the points of intersection with the steering wheel structure. meaning the spoke on the steering wheel squeeze witin there limited space. you can feel this by moving the spoke pieces around and see that they are not fully tight.

-The car CAME with a scratch in the rear leather seat, very minor and not deep, but a high level scratch in the leather.

I want to know if anyone else has experienced these issues, please let me know. Thank you!
Glad you are enjoying your C! Welcome to the forum.

Your dealer should be able to secure the chrome trim around the shifter, for you. The piece to the right of it, however is designed to be loose and even lifts out. Very handy. A lot of the members stow their Glock there. :D

The steering wheel shouldn't squeak. This is a warranty issue. Have them fix it.

If your back seat was delivered with a scratch, it could have been repaired or replaced by warranty. After 14K, you may have a hard time getting a claim through.

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Northern Rider said:
The piece to the right of it, however is designed to be loose and even lifts out. Very handy. A lot of the members stow their Glock there. :D
First 300crocks welcome! The problems you speak of I have not had. My only issues have come from the OEM remote start which have been well documented in the forurms.

Second. Northern, you gave away my concealed spot! Now the world knows. I have to find a new spot. lol

·
Registered
4,564 Posts
Since you bought the car in August you may have difficulty getting the dealer to fix the leather. When I picked up my car from the dealer I was told to check the vehicle over for any dings/scratches and other blemishes. I may have even signed something, but I can't be sure.

I also had a "creaking" steering wheel, but in a different place.
Dealer fixed the creak at no charge under warranty.

And yes, that slot is a good place to pack a piece.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks for the responses more info

Thanks for data. Well the scratch in the leather i told the second day after buying the car, i went to the dealer and showed them. They had indicated they would path it or whatever , but i didn't want "service" work done on the brand new car.

The piece you are all referring to that is for storing data is fine. That is not what i am referring to. i am talking about the actual ENTIRE piece that holds the sifter, the metal trimmings, the "gun holder" compartment as it turns out, etc..

That entire thing moves and squeeks. I am surprised no body else has had this problem.

Does anyone know what the dealer would do for the scratch in the leather, would they replace the entire rear seat, that looks very troublesome, and i would not wnat that done to my car.

·
BLOODY ADMENSTRUATOR
12,606 Posts
300crocks said:
Thanks for data. Well the scratch in the leather i told the second day after buying the car, i went to the dealer and showed them. They had indicated they would path it or whatever , but i didn't want "service" work done on the brand new car.

The piece you are all referring to that is for storing data is fine. That is not what i am referring to. i am talking about the actual ENTIRE piece that holds the sifter, the metal trimmings, the "gun holder" compartment as it turns out, etc..

That entire thing moves and squeeks. I am surprised no body else has had this problem.

Does anyone know what the dealer would do for the scratch in the leather, would they replace the entire rear seat, that looks very troublesome, and i would not wnat that done to my car.
It would be my guess that they would replace the rear seat. Once they have the part, it won't take long.

·
Registered
68 Posts
If dealer wants to replace seat don't let them. It is guarenteed they will do a hackjob. Kind of like my spelling. If scratch drives you that crazy have it fixed eleswere even if you pay. By fixed I mean they epoxy the spot with a similar color. Color might not be blended exactly however.

·
BLOODY ADMENSTRUATOR
12,606 Posts
hdplasmas said:
If dealer wants to replace seat don't let them. It is guarenteed they will do a hackjob. Kind of like my spelling. If scratch drives you that crazy have it fixed eleswere even if you pay. By fixed I mean they epoxy the spot with a similar color. Color might not be blended exactly however.
Why do you say the dealer will do a hackjob? That's nonsense. I've had seats replaced. It's a simple job. They just pop out.

Trying to repair a scratch on the smooth, soft leather of the C is very difficult.

·
Premium Member
2,597 Posts
I had the driver's seat cover replaced twice in my Max and the dealer job was fine.

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
What - Nobody has the brake light/beeper go off for no reason?
Just have to lift the brake release lever regularly and it stops.
Chrome shifter surround still a bit shaky however.
Still looks good though.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Redman said:
What - Nobody has the brake light/beeper go off for no reason?
Just have to lift the brake release lever regularly and it stops.
Chrome shifter surround still a bit shaky however.
Still looks good though.
I thought I was crazy when the brake light/beeper went off on me a couple of times during the first two days I had my car, so I never mentioned it to anyone. Hasn't happened since, but like you Redman - I check the brake release regularly. Only other problem on delivery was a scuff on the molding just below the driver's window, like a binder had rubbed on it during shipping. Dealer ordered a new one right away and replaced and buffed the scratches on the door AND checked the rest of the paint for scratches and took care of them also. Absolutely no rattles, interior scratches or scuffs, nor any sign of the pulling to the right that I've read about in other threads. But I only have 1000 miles on it so far........ ;)

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Getting back to my original thread of issues with the car. I am having a service done 2morrow on the following:

- The car steering has gotten noticely harder immediately after the dealership completed the radiator bracket recall.
- The leather is getting patched that was ripped upon car purchase
- The car makes a metal to metal grinding noise when starting if you are standing outside u will hear it.
- I want to know if the protection group tires are causign the stiff ride, versus the regular 300c tires. anyone have any ideas on that? first hand proof of it?

Thanks.

·
Registered
274 Posts
An attempted repair to the leather probably won't last very long. At least in the back seat, that is usually not used much, it won't get a lot of wear/tear, but I have yet to see a leather "repair" that will look right or last very long.

If they knew about the scratch from the first, then have them order you a new seat. They are easy to replace, and should look just fine. Due to leather batch differences, it is possible that the "feel" of the leather might be just a bit different, but the color should match.

I would get it replaced.

As for the squeek, chances are they need to re-align the steering column covers.

For the loose shifter gate, it may have a broken tab or clip on the back, the dealer should be able to put on a new one if the old one isn't fixable.

GEt it all done at once, and have them order parts ahead of time. They should give you a free loaner while they have your car. At least my dealer offers that.

Good luck!

Don
Magnesium Pearl 300C

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Concerning the tires, many have discussed the stiff ride. Check the pressure and when you take her in, have them check the balance and that the tires inner material haven't seized up.

Gluck

1 - 15 of 15 Posts