Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
finally got the weather to open the sunroof for a while. only problem is wind noise.the bar across the front stays up when it opens and makes a hell of a noise as the wind catches it. if you hold it down with your hand everything is quiet. is that bar supposed to stay up and catch the wind?

·
Administrator
23,437 Posts
I think it's meant to prevent wind buffeting inside the car by deflecting it.

Bernie

·
Registered
10 Posts
Wind noise

finally got the weather to open the sunroof for a while. only problem is wind noise.the bar across the front stays up when it opens and makes a hell of a noise as the wind catches it. if you hold it down with your hand everything is quiet. is that bar supposed to stay up and catch the wind?
I was thinking the exact same thing, I've been in cars with sunroofs/moonroofs and figured a car in this price should not exhibit this kind of noise at such low speeds. I have an 08, did the earlier models have this bar and noise?

Jerry

·
Premium Member
4,541 Posts
I was thinking the exact same thing, I've been in cars with sunroofs/moonroofs and figured a car in this price should not exhibit this kind of noise at such low speeds. I have an 08, did the earlier models have this bar and noise?

Jerry
My 05 does and I've noticed the same thing; I think as Rambit says it is supposed to reduce buffeting at higher speeds but I think they failed to accomplish their goal. I usually just tilt the back of the sunroof up anyway so it's no big deal, or if I do have it all the way open it is usually just around town. I have not pulled that bar down at higher speeds to see what the effect is.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Has anyone here installed a deflector for their sunroof? I'm not really a fan of the looks of one, but when it comes down to it I've always leaned a little more toward function over fashion. Thanks

Jerry

1 - 7 of 7 Posts