Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,700 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Back in December 2006, MadC made me the first set of SRT valve/coil pack covers, for my Super Bee. I had that set powder coated in Det. Yellow and installed some Ridergraphix decals to the powder coated covers. The powder coating held up to the engine heat, but the graphics started to peel up. Then I saw recently, that MadC made a new generation (2) set of covers for the SRT's. As luck would have it, I got his last set of Gen. 2 covers (These completely cover the coil packs unlike the first gen. set). This time around I ordered more graphics from Rider and painted the graphics into the gen. 2 set.

The top set is the first gen. set of covers (powdercoated w/ vinyl graphics). The lower set is the gen. 2 set, painted in det. yellow and rider graphics painted onto the covers in black. You can also see how much bigger the gen. 2 set is than the gen. 1 set.

Gen. 1 on the L & Gen. 2 on the R

Awhile back, Santini Bros. made a 3 piece spoiler for the Chargers. They since sold the mold to RK Sport. It is sold under the Heritage 3 piece spoiler, from RK Sport.

I just got this back from the painters and have not had time to install them yet.

This is how the 3 piece spoiler looks, installed, on the Santini Bros. Scat Pack Charger.

The Super Bee came with stock graphics on the trunk lid. I had RiderGraphix make me a custom trunk lid piece, when I first got the Bee.

Now that the SRT spoiler has been removed to make way for the 3 piece trunk lid spoiler. I had the 3rd brake light and trunk key hole filled in as well. The ridergraphix vinyl is gone and replaced with gloss black paint. I used ridergraphix vinyl Bee, SuperBee, and 993/1000 to lay onto the yellow trunk lid and then gloss black was shot over the graphics.

Look at that shine... The sky, clouds and buildings behind me, are reflecting in the paint.

I am having the halo set of tails (above) painted just like the stock set of tails I had done (below). Extending the black trunk stripe onto the tails.

Now my trunk lid is in gloss black, just like my hood is (no more vinyl graphics). Eventually I will paint the graphics, on the side of the car, in gloss black as well. Probably when I shave the door handles.

If you look real closely, you can see I also painted the SAT/NAV antenna on the roof and painted a new set of roof gutter strips, in Det. Yellow. The roof gutter strips are just sitting on the roof, I have not had the time to remove the black stock ones yet and install the yellow ones.

I have been styling my Bee to look similar to the photoshop rendering TommyZ did for me, when I first got the Bee.

The Bee today.

I still have to paint gloss black on the tops of the front fenders and front fascia, the side windows, A pillars and side mirrors, like in the TZ rendering. I still don't know if I will paint black graphics back onto the side of the car, like it is now in vinyl, or paint the lighter yellow "ghost" cuda stripe, like Tommy did in the rendering.

·
Registered
848 Posts
Good on you Mark! Always setting the bar higher for the rest of us mere mortals! :biggrin: Can't wait to see the new mods installed!

·
Registered
280 Posts
wow

Back in December 2006, MadC made me the first set of SRT valve/coil pack covers, for my Super Bee. I had that set powder coated in Det. Yellow and installed some Ridergraphix decals to the powder coated covers. The powder coating held up to the engine heat, but the graphics started to peel up. Then I saw recently, that MadC made a new generation (2) set of covers for the SRT's. As luck would have it, I got his last set of Gen. 2 covers (These completely cover the coil packs unlike the first gen. set). This time around I ordered more graphics from Rider and painted the graphics into the gen. 2 set.

The top set is the first gen. set of covers (powdercoated w/ vinyl graphics). The lower set is the gen. 2 set, painted in det. yellow and rider graphics painted onto the covers in black. You can also see how much bigger the gen. 2 set is than the gen. 1 set.

Gen. 1 on the L & Gen. 2 on the R

Awhile back, Santini Bros. made a 3 piece spoiler for the Chargers. They since sold the mold to RK Sport. It is sold under the Heritage 3 piece spoiler, from RK Sport.

I just got this back from the painters and have not had time to install them yet.

This is how the 3 piece spoiler looks, installed, on the Santini Bros. Scat Pack Charger.

The Super Bee came with stock graphics on the trunk lid. I had RiderGraphix make me a custom trunk lid piece, when I first got the Bee.

Now that the SRT spoiler has been removed to make way for the 3 piece trunk lid spoiler. I had the 3rd brake light and trunk key hole filled in as well. The ridergraphix vinyl is gone and replaced with gloss black paint. I used ridergraphix vinyl Bee, SuperBee, and 993/1000 to lay onto the yellow trunk lid and then gloss black was shot over the graphics.

Look at that shine... The sky, clouds and buildings behind me, are reflecting in the paint.

I am having the halo set of tails (above) painted just like the stock set of tails I had done (below). Extending the black trunk stripe onto the tails.

Now my trunk lid is in gloss black, just like my hood is (no more vinyl graphics). Eventually I will paint the graphics, on the side of the car, in gloss black as well. Probably when I shave the door handles.

If you look real closely, you can see I also painted the SAT/NAV antenna on the roof and painted a new set of roof gutter strips, in Det. Yellow. The roof gutter strips are just sitting on the roof, I have not had the time to remove the black stock ones yet and install the yellow ones.

I have been styling my Bee to look similar to the photoshop rendering TommyZ did for me, when I first got the Bee.

The Bee today.

I still have to paint gloss black on the tops of the front fenders and front fascia, the side windows, A pillars and side mirrors, like in the TZ rendering. I still don't know if I will paint black graphics back onto the side of the car, like it is now in vinyl, or paint the lighter yellow "ghost" cuda stripe, like Tommy did in the rendering.
freebird ,you are always ahead of the game that one HHHHOOOOTTTT car man dj griff lol

·
Premium Member
4,700 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Good on you Mark! Always setting the bar higher for the rest of us mere mortals! :biggrin: Can't wait to see the new mods installed!
Thanks Eddie......:)

mere mortals...? You are def. not a mere mortal....you have tons of trophy's that shows that the rest of the car culture loves your saweet ride.

If I can ever get the Bee out of the shop long enough to make a car show with you...we will have a blast. See you soon.

·
Premium Member
4,700 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
freebird ,you are always ahead of the game that one HHHHOOOOTTTT car man dj griff lol
Thank you very much DJ Griff. Long time no talk, hope all is well.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Freebird,

I want to praise your vehicle too but these military computers won't let me see your pictures :pat: . All I see is a RED X of doom, could you add them as attachments? Very much appreciated.

·
Registered
14,781 Posts
Very nice! Even though I’ve been gone awhile and been through the crap wringer I see my buddy Free still has the talent for dressing up the ride! As usual your ride is gorgeous! Your ride has come a long way since I remember you pulling the trigger for a Bee. Well done!

Now, what should I do with my Challenger oh guru of the mod beast?

Thanks for the great pictures!

BTW….did you ever find the elusive 666 Bee or know of its existence? :)

·
Premium Member
6,091 Posts
Friggin sharp, Brother!! Pretty soon, that thing will shoot honey out the exhaust! ;)

·
Premium Member
4,700 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Mark - you otta patent your design. You have managed to transform Charger sheel metal in a way that says Charger!

Beautiful!
Thanks Pat. Way down the road, I may have the 4 door Charger turned into a 2 door Charger, a la west coast customs. Then it really will take the form of an old school Charger. Hope all is well. If you travel through Houston, on your way to Mexico, let me know. We can meet up for dinner.

·
Premium Member
10,829 Posts
Mark,
Your SB looks like hot, melted sunshine! It is absolutely stunning. You know exactly how to push design beyond the limits.

Also, do you have a photo of your Bee showing the hood painted in gloss black? I prefer the shiny new looks rather than the original dull appearance of the black.

Your biggest fan!
bruno

·
Premium Member
4,700 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Very nice! Even though I’ve been gone awhile and been through the crap wringer I see my buddy Free still has the talent for dressing up the ride! As usual your ride is gorgeous! Your ride has come a long way since I remember you pulling the trigger for a Bee. Well done!
Holy Schnikes it is Book'em Danno. Long time no talk, hope all is well now.

Now, what should I do with my Challenger oh guru of the mod beast?
Send me a PM and we can talk. I got too long a list to post here of ideas for a Challenger. I would def. start with wheel and lower the car. Give it an old school rake look.

Thanks for the great pictures!

BTW….did you ever find the elusive 666 Bee or know of its existence? :)
No I never did locate #666 The Devil Bee. Don't know who got it. The closest I came was #668 in Kentucky. I could not wait any longer and pulled the trigger on 993 which I found here in Houston.

·
Premium Member
4,700 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Friggin sharp, Brother!! Pretty soon, that thing will shoot honey out the exhaust! ;)
Oh Snap, a honey spitting exhaust. How saweet is that, lol.

How have you been CB?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts