Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any idea on how to get a suggestion to the folks at Chrysler?

I love my 300c and enjoy letting her shred up the roadway - especially now with the big Airaid upfront under the hood - but sometimes I also enjoy pushing the max fuel efficiency when driving with my wife. I think that some kind of indication on the dash when the MDS kicks in and the engine shuts off 4 of the cyclinders for "super cruise" would be a good idea. No extra lights on the dash, just have an "S" appear under the "D" (where the gears 1-4 appear when using the shift-stick) or have the LED box around the "D" chase an off LED around itself.

Would be nice to know when you are pushing the mileage ceiling on it. Not that that's why I bought the car, but I'm gettting upto 29 mpg on the highway with the big Airaid filter and open seal with the hood.

·
Registered
528 Posts
That, and a light on the dash to tell you when the cruise control is "on" please!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sorry for the response delay. The open seal is that the hood when closed makes the top part of the air intake enclosure, so it is pulling from the front and below instead of just from below before. You can really feel the car lurch ahead when you floor it. Of course that will negate the mileage, but I'm still getting 28-9 mpg at 60mph on long drives. But what fun is that when you can still get 24mpg doing a solid 80mph and enjoy the ride oh so much more.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I don't get it.

The BEST mileage I have ever seen 23 mpg at 60 mph on a cool day over flat terrain. 80 mph trips yeild 19-20 mpg. Around town I get 15 mpg. And YES the correct oil in is the sump and YES I checked to see if the MDS is indeed working.

Haven't done any MPG runs with the headers . . .

·
Registered
14 Posts
Prop Man: You and I have had identical experiences...

WDWDuncan might get 28-29mpg going downhill with a tailwind in neutral.

I smell a big fish story. I've had the Airaid system for almost a year now, and I've never gotten better than 23mpg to display on the EVIC for any length of time. The CAI system makes my Mag sound better and I think I can feel a little more eagerness in the throttle response, but that's it.

·
Registered
710 Posts
WDWDuncan,
I did that mod. about a month and a half ago. If you have any questions, feel free to post. Several others have already done it. It works great, by the way. Here's the post on the mod. http://www.300cforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4984

I, too, am getting similar mileage to yours. I did an 800 mile trip in mountainous terrain and my best leg of 227 miles was 29.8 mpg. Like you, I also drive between 60-70, trying to stay closer to 60. I am also doing this controversial experiment with: http://www.300cforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4948&page=1&pp=10 You can see my post of the trip on page 4 of the thread.

Don't know if it works for sure yet. On the trip I sure did though. I just ran my 85 mile test course the other day and only got 28 mpg. My previous best on the same course, without, is 28.3 mpg. I am keeping an open mind and giving it a chance. I also put some in my 90 Grand Wagoneer and it appears to be making a noticeable difference for the better.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts