Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well,The package sat for a week or two before I got to it. This is an ATI Procharger That was purchased thru Demon Performance. I asked for a 6 lbs kit.
First thing I noticed was the weight.Yikes,about 100 lbs. So much for the old diet.This was a tuner kit-only thing really needed extra was a MAP. I did install a PLX wide band A/F and vacuum/boost. I love it because it's one gauge that can read multiple functions. I don't want a whole row of gauges myself.
This is a weekend install project requiring basic tools and a small degree of mechanical ability. The manual was very,very thorough in it's step by step with pics. Besides-Skip from Demon was available should I have had any problems (although I did run out of beer and was not given much help there). You do need a predator to load a tune that you can get from ATI. While it's safe to drive the car-I opted to have it CMR tuned at HHP
After talking with Skip (Demon) and Josh(HHP),we all had a pretty good idea of what to expect power wise. About 430-450. Well-Josh called to tell me first pull was 495!! Holy crap.
He did have to dial it back as the car was running out of fuel on the top end. Some new fuel rails will solve this.
All I can say is after starting the car and driving normal-I had no idea anything was different. I have the helical cut gears to reduce noise and there is only a faint whine in the cabin. Now get on it......:arms: :slomo::drive:WOW. Look in the "what have you blown away" for a way back home story.
Skip- Josh You guys rock

Here is the gauge

and here's what we settled for to be safe(for now)

·
Super Moderator
5,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hehe. I think we have more to go

·
Registered
3,997 Posts
Congrats, Bob! How long before you'll be needing a new set of rear tires?

Btw, got any under hood pics?

·
Administrator
13,325 Posts
they wont fit RHD due to the offside encabulator and the autoframulation in the ECB

and thats Mr MoUstache to you, Mr Bonnie Blue Flag! ;)

honestly? I would seriously consider it, but importing feels like I'm supporting the Treasury single handed!

·
Super Moderator
5,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Congrats, Bob! How long before you'll be needing a new set of rear tires?
32 Miles from a set
Btw, got any under hood pics?
Give me ten minutes
One word - WOW! :scared:
Thankns Pat-Same thing I keep saying
Congrats, Bob! Those are some good numbers!
Hmm-something looks familiar there. Thanks Michael. I was expecting less,so needless to say I'm ore than pleased. The track will really tell the story

·
Super Moderator
5,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The intercooler

The goodies

·
Registered
3,997 Posts
they wont fit RHD due to the offside encabulator and the autoframulation in the ECB

and thats Mr MoUstache to you, Mr Bonnie Blue Flag! ;)

honestly? I would seriously consider it, but importing feels like I'm supporting the Treasury single handed!
OUh loUrd, here we goU again with the "U" thing!

·
Registered
3,997 Posts
WOW that looks good! What does it sound like at idle? I looked into supercharging a couple years back but the s/c chatter sounded awful, but that was also without helical gears which I know cut down the noise.

·
Super Moderator
5,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I'll post up a sound clip around 11 am tomorrow. It's quieter than I thought it would be.

·
Registered
233 Posts
nice job!!!

·
Super Moderator
5,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
nice job!!!
Why thank you. She's as mellow as can be

About time you did a real mod bob! ;) nice numbers now come on up to canada into the nice cool air and see what she'll run! :D
Thanks Moe! I don't think I need much cooler air now. I thought you sent some this way. Although the highs will get into the 20's

·
Super Moderator
5,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Yes indeed. This thing sure puts a smile on your face. I can't recommend it enough! Everyone should get one.

1 - 20 of 55 Posts