Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

I am new to the Hemi world and SRT8 stuff.
I bought a 2012 300 srt8 in December and I do like it so far.
I had a 2011 gt500 and currently have several pony cars, 06 mustang, 85 corvette, 95 lt1 car, etc.

I am use to modifying everything, but I am having a hard time keeping up with any of my cars with this thing and even a harder time finding ANY performance parts.

A friend of mine is getting delivery of his 2013 5.0L mustang and I am trying to make sure that all my cars can rock this ford.

I noticed on the pro-charger website over a year ago they said "have a system coming soon".... that was over a year ago.

I understand the issue is computer tuning on the 2012s.

Is there anyone out there currently offering anything other then a simple CAI for these cars?

Any communication with the supercharger companies or any other companies on when stuff is coming out?

The 6.4 has been out for a long time now, I am sure i'm not the only one that wants to mod it.

I would like to avoid doing things twice, so a good exhaust system would be ok, followed by a blower setup, or at the very least intake and tune, a blower will change both the intake and tune so I want to stick to that if possible.

I just don't want to be spanked by a 5.0 :suspect:

·
Registered
2,824 Posts
B&G is offering ECU tuning, which is basically swapping the whole PCM to their tuned PCM. There are exhaust systems available. Tuners will catch up soon enough.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Supposedly we should be able to tune our cars in less than 3 months. Until then, it's only small stuff you can do like intake and exhaust. One thing I would highly recommend is a catch can.

·
Registered
276 Posts
I think you would be happier it you slapped twin turbos on. Superchargers aren't as efficient as turbos. Pound for pound, they make more power too. Two 35r's and you would be golden!

·
Registered
190 Posts
good power small additions

i have a 2012 300 SRT8 and i wanted to make sure that i could beat a tuned 5.0 mustang so i put the LMI true cold air intake, also added a ported 87mm trottle body for a better response and about 10hp gain, havn't added exhaust yet because seemed to hear that an exhaust will set off a check engine light. with these little mods i have toyed with mustangs 5.0 on the street and highway, just left a jeep SRT8 (older 2009) that was tuned and CAI, exhaust, pass by it like it was standing still on highway.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
WELL, now that Diablo has a tune, any updates on this front???

I am thinking a few companies must have made the physical supercharger or turbo kits and were doing testing with older ECMs and can now release the kits.

Any chatter from anyone about this?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Diablo has come out with the trinity tuner for the 2012 300 SRT8. I, too, was waiting for a supercharger because of the issues that you mention.
I installed the trinity and the 93 Octane tune. The on-board HP readings have jumped to 560 HP. I haven't verified the torque increase yet but I suspect it also is considerable based upon the way the car is now performing.

·
Administrator
13,064 Posts
With the tuning available for the new PCM, supercharging has become a reality for the 2nd gen LX cars. Edelbrock now offers systems and I expect some centrifugal systems can now be installed as well.

·
Premium Member
829 Posts
Most of the existing superchargers for the LX platform should be available for the 2nd gen shortly. It will still take them a little while to get their tunes dialed in for the kits. The Diablo tuning was just released a week ago and the full CMR maps are still being worked on.

·
Premium Member
829 Posts
Vortech has one also. Same kit they've shown on the 392 Challengers.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts