Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,
Im looking to put a supercharger on my 2013 Chrysler 300SRT8.
I cant get any answers here in Australia, nobody seems to know anything.
Arrington have been good and contacted me and they do a kit that comes with the tune.
Im just suspect on a pre delivered tune as I have always had modified cars and spent hours and hours on dynos to get it right.
Does anyone have an Arrington Supercharger with the pre tune?
Does anyone in Australia do the superchargers with tuning?

Thanks
Dave

·
Premium Member
2,657 Posts
I would contact Whipple superchargers to see if they brought out anything new for the 2nd gen. Their superchargers are twin screw type and also they supercharge speedboats.

Here is a link which will take you to their website

Whipple Industries

·
Registered
24 Posts
Pro Charger is an good choice that is who I will be using in the near future. They use about an 7psi boost and get close to 200HP. I prefer the lower boost to save the life of the Engine.

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
You could contact Modern Muscle in NSW, I know they've done another members gen.1 to about 750hp.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
x 2 with that Emmanuel knows his Hemis and does great work .Dont go with the top mount superchargers as the side mounts will give you better drivability and smoother . The biggest issue for the 6.4 is the codes for tuning but as you mentioned Arrington have them now . I think you will find their units are ProChargers which are side mount anyway so that is a plus.
Not sure where you are in Australia but Emmanuel is in Bexley Sydney however his on Holidays atm in thee USA should be home soon, consider a centrifugal SC like the Procharger or Vortec
Geoff

·
Premium Member
829 Posts
The biggest issue for the 6.4 is the codes for tuning but as you mentioned Arrington have them now . I think you will find their units are ProChargers which are side mount anyway so that is a plus.
Arrington mostly does Magnuson and Edelbrock superchargers. The current gen of top mount screw/rotor superchargers have very good drivability and are incredibly smooth. My 2012 has an Edelbrock blower and my 2007 had a Vortec. The Edelbrock is night and day different in terms of being smooth and drivable compared to the Vortec. The Vortec had great power, but it wasn't as predictable in every day driving. You had to be extra careful with it.

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
Arrington mostly does Magnuson and Edelbrock superchargers. The current gen of top mount screw/rotor superchargers have very good drivability and are incredibly smooth. My 2012 has an Edelbrock blower and my 2007 had a Vortec. The Edelbrock is night and day different in terms of being smooth and drivable compared to the Vortec. The Vortec had great power, but it wasn't as predictable in every day driving. You had to be extra careful with it.
Jon that is great information I have followed your thread and progress with the Edelbrock top mount as you would have been the first one in the world to have it fitted too a 6.4 300 from what I can gather and too be honest the one thing I have always loved about Edelbrocks top mount is that it looked OME . Our biggest issue here in Australia if the tuning and poor fuel quality.
Cheers
Geoff

·
Registered
13 Posts
Have been looking around at different puffers, mate has just got a 6.1 and wants to fit a blower. I have a Vortec on my car(1970's Aussie Valiant V8) and these work well, mild off the line and build up boost. Mine is a pretty mild setup and only makes 7lbs. Has made 450 rear wheel horsepower and bags of torque and off boost i get ok mileage for a 6.6 liter V8 at 14mpg. I had to make all brackets and plumbing to fit as no kits are available. Anyway enough about my car.

Who has put a blower on a 6.1 SRT and what kit did you use and how did it go, we are looking at both rootes style and centrifugal blowers

·
Registered
13 Posts
Is a car that will be driven everyday, i'm leaning towards a Procharger and looking at getting the whole kit. How did people go with the tune/map and also factory fuel system.

·
Premium Member
2,657 Posts
Added info/link here to whipple, if you went with the screw type :wave:

Whipple Industries

1 - 14 of 14 Posts