Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wow,how the time flies. I'm coming home just now after a nice leisurely ride and look at the odo. Yep time once again for an oil change. Oh and the supercharger as well. So I ponder the decision to put one on. A year and a half and 25,000 miles later I still wonder. When I bought my car I really could care less about auto performance. Bike guy and all no car can come close. So I choose a C over the SRT. Then I had the bad luck of meeting Ken (SRT8man). Well great luck actually. At of course a drag strip. Watching him and that car made me rethink my original idea. Not only was /is he truly passionate,but that car was so sweet.
The chance came and I put on a 'charger. Wow,this thing feels fast,but faster than a SRT.Well yes.But it still has those crap seats,brakes and suspension compared to the top dog.
More races have been won than lost. Vettes,'stang's (yes those new 5.0's and even a new CTS-V ( not by much at all!). I have had no issue's with the tune and the way she runs. Gas mileage has dropped to 18-19 mpg.
So given the chance again would I? Hell yes!! but it would be on the SRT. If you are on the fence about doing it with the 5.7 though-it's a heck of a lot of fun.
Oh she's at 88K now and running great

·
Have to be odd to be No.1
7,943 Posts
Had the 6.1 for 5 years and is only near the end that I was wishing it had more power. Only had the 6.4 for 6 months and that same feeling is already coming back.
So now I'm trying to decide between warranty or charger.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Super Moderator
5,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That 426 is gonna be a beast. I was gonna sell her and get a SRT,but I made several acquisitions around that time and for me at that moment the 'charger was the easiest means to more performance. I've run plenty of 6.4's and love that torque curve of theirs. Now I see Jon W and his 6.4 supercharged beast and go....hmm.
What I'm pleased about is the drivability. It's in the tune and Josh at HHP nailed it. Very civil. and the reliablity so far has been flawless.

·
Super Moderator
5,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Love to,but I'm working on a major life change (no-not a sex change ) and need to keep a serious eye on my funds

·
Registered
78 Posts
Has anyone made any better contact on a Supercharger for the 5.7? I say that because I have the cash in hand and have called Vortech and Procharger only to be told its it "Testing". I have not heard back and that was some 5 months ago. Getting the itch as 330WHP is getting old, fast. lol

I have test pipes going in tomorrow to get rid of the cats and a CAI (no HP there). I am not buying a turner, as it will come with the Blower so I don't want to buy twice if you know what I mean.

Most sites say "no one has cracked the ecu" but that's history now as Diablo has a tuner. Help a MOPAR guy out! :bigok:

·
Away From 300C Forum
19,587 Posts
I'd say talk with Josh at High Horse Performance or Troy at Ding's Auto in Vancouver, WA. Either one of those guys can lead you in the right direction.

·
Premium Member
518 Posts
I just ordered an Edelbrock SC kit for my 5.7. It is the same unit our shop uses to SC Corvettes. Will be put on the first week in Jan. Can't wait.

·
Super Moderator
5,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I just came back from blasting my new SC Vette(not an edelbock). Makes my C seem tame. now I gotta SC the hemi in my truck

·
Away From 300C Forum
19,587 Posts
I've given the S/C mod for my Ram some serious consideration. Can you say, and imagine, a 4WD burnout? :D

·
Registered
78 Posts
I've given the S/C mod for my Ram some serious consideration. Can you say, and imagine, a 4WD burnout? :D
Buddy just did this on his Ram R/T with the RIPP Kit. Made 470whp and 540TQ.

@twbelieves: interested to see what the TVS does on the HEMI.

Still no Vortech / Procharger for the 11's :(

I believe, Whipple's 2.9 Might work, Arrington has one but $$$ and Edlebrock of course has just released there's.

·
Registered
508 Posts
My goal is to have my 6.4 supercharged by HHP in the next 18 months (and usually 18 months for me ends up being 8 months :)). Can't wait.

·
Super Moderator
5,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
You'll love it. And Josh is one hell of a tuner

·
Registered
508 Posts

·
Premium Member
518 Posts
A Ram SC will be an animal. Have fun keeping it under control. :)

·
Premium Member
518 Posts
The Edelbrock kit comes with a tuner already programmed. I have an inTune but will not be able to use it. Guess I will have to sell it.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts