Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok Here's My Question , I Have An 06 5.7 300c, Like Most Of Us I Want More Power, Thought About Changing Motor Out, But Now Im Really Thinking More On The Lines Of Supercharging Or Turbo Charging My Baby, I Have About $7 Grand Total To Spend, I Have Read Alittle On The Turbos And Superchargers, But Want To Know From You Guys That Really Know What Would Be Best Bange For My Buck, And What Brand To Get Where To Get It And What Type Of Power To Expect... Thanks To All For Any Help..

·
Registered
328 Posts
for the 5.7 i would go with a SC...especially with MDS.

·
Premium Member
2,300 Posts

·
Registered
324 Posts
Power Ported Performance has a great long standing reputation on this forum and they make a really nice turbo kit. check it out.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
My Question On Turbo's Is Their Going To Be Turbo Lag..., Or Is The Boost Going To Be As Soon As I Stomp It?

·
Premium Member
43 Posts
My Question On Turbo's Is Their Going To Be Turbo Lag..., Or Is The Boost Going To Be As Soon As I Stomp It?
Our (CIS) turbo systems have amazing boost responce. You feel Zero lag as full boost is reached by 2700 rpm! A correctly sized, modern turbo will spool very quickly and produce more boost at low rpm than most centrifugal superchargers.

Give us a call, we would be happy to answer any questions you have and show you options for turbo or supercharger applications.

·
Premium Member
7,787 Posts
key point

A correctly sized, modern turbo will spool very quickly and produce more boost at low rpm than most centrifugal superchargers.
This is a key point as most properly set up turbos have a LOT more torque at lower revs.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts